Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by sabahshahed294
Ayman, if you managed 60/60 UMS..It's still something you managed lol :tongue:
I scored 50/60 in UMS

Haha thanks Sabah, it knocked a ton of confidence out of me :lol:
Original post by Ayman!

lol yeah the same happened with me also! But then the grade boundary is low! :tongue:
To get full UMS what is the minimum raw mark needed? I dont understand this full UMS thing 🤔
Reply 83
Original post by PlayerBB
1463337242187.jpg

Also another method of drawing it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm afraid the capillary tube is used in melting point apparatus instead, here we use a fusion tube!
Original post by Quirky01
To get full UMS what is the minimum raw mark needed? I dont understand this full UMS thing 🤔

It varies according to the grade boundaries actually. By full UMS, you don't technically need to get full RAW marks. If I give an example of let's say Unit 6, January 2016, if you score 34 out of 50, you get a full UMS i.e 60/60
Original post by Aimen.
I'm afraid the capillary tube is used in melting point apparatus instead, here we use a fusion tube!

Never heard of the fusion tube, just simple distillation to determind bp (despite its inaccuracy).

Is this something that we need to know then?
Original post by Aimen.

Ah sorry, I thought I read it as melting point apparatus, yeah you're right for boiling point we use a fusion tube or instead we use fractional distillation
Original post by Ayman!

Im sure you'll be fine
Reply 88
Original post by samb1234
Im sure you'll be fine

Time will only tell! There's little pressure since I realistically need 70% average but I do want to do as well as I can.
Original post by Ayman!
Time will only tell! There's little pressure since I realistically need 70% average but I do want to do as well as I can.

Just going for the A?
Original post by Ayman!

Give it your all for the A* bruh :biggrin:
Just going for the A?

Hi guys how hard do you think it would be to get 200/300 UMS? I've studied everything but I'm lacking so much in confidence its unreal. I just want an A lmao
Original post by TheMadHatteress
Hi guys how hard do you think it would be to get 200/300 UMS? I've studied everything but I'm lacking so much in confidence its unreal. I just want an A lmao

Well 200/300 is a mid/high C grade. If you go for the A* in chem than even if you have a bad day should still be well over that, you are clearly pretty good at chem if you were able to get 280/300 in as in the first place
Well 200/300 is a mid/high C grade. If you go for the A* in chem than even if you have a bad day should still be well over that, you are clearly pretty good at chem if you were able to get 280/300 in as in the first place

But I started studying in April this year :frown: not even revising-studying. Hey I think I know you- I'm the girl who was really demotivated and asked if A2 in 2 months was possible? Lmao your comment on that thread boosted my confidence a lot :smile: so thanks again for that!
Original post by TheMadHatteress
But I started studying in April this year :frown: not even revising-studying. Hey I think I know you- I'm the girl who was really demotivated and asked if A2 in 2 months was possible? Lmao your comment on that thread boosted my confidence a lot :smile: so thanks again for that!

Ah I vaguely remember. Honestly I think you should still be fine, there are some parts of the course that don't require a huge amount of learning depending on your skillset (if you are good at maths it doesn't take a large amount of learning to be able to pick up those marks). Let's do some maths quickly now. Let's say you get the marks evenly between all 3, so that is 80 ums in each paper and 40 in unit 6. Last year, to get that you would have needed to get 62/90 in unit 4, 51/90 in unit 5 and 30/50 in unit 6. As you can see, you have quite a big margin of error so I think you will be just fine :smile:
Original post by Adorable98
Could someone answer this please?:biggrin:

ANS. The reaction would still carry on at a slower rate as it is just slowed dow, hence a lower titre volume would be needed.

Do tag the one who asked this question in the first place
Titration is for wastemans.
Fermats little theorem 2k16

IMO2099.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
thank you again! :smile:)
Original post by Aimen.
20160515_221504.jpg

Here you go!
I don't get this question, so basically you add ethanol (which has an OH- so)
Cr2O72- + OH- --> CrO42- + H+

So how come the answer's not CrO42- ??:s-smilie:

Original post by Adorable98
I don't get this question, so basically you add ethanol (which has an OH- so)
Cr2O72- + OH- --> CrO42- + H+

So how come the answer's not CrO42- ??:s-smilie:

this is oxidation of alcohol..so cr2o7(2-) is reduced to cr(3+)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending