The Student Room Group

Vegan for 15 years AMA

EDIT : I have lived in Brighton, Edinburgh, Norwich and Vienna if anyone wants specific tips!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How can you resist bacon?
Reply 2
how did u manage loool??
What food do you enjoy the most?
Reply 5
Original post by mariam687
how did u manage loool??

It was never an issue, I didn't have ''cravings'' and didn't miss the old stuff I used to eat.
Original post by Erebor
It was never an issue, I didn't have ''cravings'' and didn't miss the old stuff I used to eat.

woah, thats great :smile:

well done
Are you really a fifteen year old horse? :eek3:
As a major carnivore, I salute you! I went vegan to try it out for a week and my skin cleared up, I felt full of energy and dropped 2lbs without sacrificing. My family aren't supportive of dietary decisions like this so I cannot WAIT for uni to be in control of what I eat and stay to the vegan diet. I do love meat and sadly lack sympathy for animals, but jfc I loved this lifestyle!
Original post by C-rated
How can you resist bacon?

Bacon smells and tastes disgusting.
Reply 10
Original post by booksandcats
What food do you enjoy the most?

''Fake'' meats and cheeses. They are amazing these days and the variety is huuuuge. The german and US brands plus the traditional chinese stuff (like seitan) are the best. Back when I started all the specifically vegan stuff was pretty tough to swallow (literally) but I did what I had to do plus you can still find a bunch of basic stuff that's vegan as well as mainstream. Vegan ice cream is great too, not to mention much healthier than the dairy based.
Reply 11
Original post by mariam687
woah, thats great :smile:

well done

Thx:h:
Reply 12
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Are you really a fifteen year old horse? :eek3:

No, that's not me in the avatar.
Original post by Erebor
Thx:h:

np :smile:
How old are you?
You've probably told more people you're a vegan than chickens slaughtered this year.
Is your poo green?
Reply 17
Original post by ImagineCats
As a major carnivore, I salute you! I went vegan to try it out for a week and my skin cleared up, I felt full of energy and dropped 2lbs without sacrificing. My family aren't supportive of dietary decisions like this so I cannot WAIT for uni to be in control of what I eat and stay to the vegan diet. I do love meat and sadly lack sympathy for animals, but jfc I loved this lifestyle!

Yeah my mom was OK when I turned veggie but the vegan stuff freaked her out, she thought I was gonna die or smth. There is plenty of fake meat these days, some great and other not so much . That and cheese, ice cream, milk, fish, egg, honey and just about anything that's animal based. Most of it is just as good, if not better and certainly much healthier. Quite easy to find in just about any UK city.
Okay a question, what's your main source of protein?

Quick Reply

Latest