The Student Room Group

This week- what have you got? (16th May- 20th May)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TeenPolyglot
That does look a little strenuous I must admit...

It's not too bad it's just that I'm not good at B3 for biology or C2 for chemistry, and I have barely started revising PE and there's just so much content!!
Original post by Jxrgezxk
I'm doing AQA. For section B there are 3 questions about different world issues & you get to chose on to answer (20 marks). They have already said what the topics will be (pre-released topics) - so we already know the last questions

That sounds so much easier!! I'm on OCR and our Section B is just a 12 marker on a current topic so it'll most likely be on the Referendum or immigrants
Original post by NiamhM1801
It's not too bad it's just that I'm not good at B3 for biology or C2 for chemistry, and I have barely started revising PE and there's just so much content!!

I just can't do biology!

And P.E...well, I've never enjoyed PE.

Apart from prom dancing last Thursday...
Mon 16: RE 1 (EDEXCEL) 9:15
Tue 17: Biology Higher 1,2,3 (OCR) 1:15
Wed 18: GCSE ICT (EDEXCEL) 9:15
Wed 18: RE 2 (EDEXCEL) 1:15
Thu 19: Chemistry Higher 1,2,3 (OCR) 9:15

Gulp!
Original post by jamierogers21
That sounds so much easier!! I'm on OCR and our Section B is just a 12 marker on a current topic so it'll most likely be on the Referendum or immigrants

It's probably out of our 6 pre-released topics (for unit 1&3).
- Being a citizen in the UK - Democracy & Identity - Immigration & the UK
- Fairness & Justice - Human rights of UK citizens
- Global issues & making a difference - the civil war in Syria

- Being a citizen in the UK - Democracy & Identity - Devolution in the UK
- Fairness & Justice - Sentencing & the criminal justice system
- Global issues & making a difference - the United Nations universal declaration of Human rights & how human rights abuses are dealt with
Original post by Jxrgezxk
It's probably out of our 6 pre-released topics (for unit 1&3).
- Being a citizen in the UK - Democracy & Identity - Immigration & the UK
- Fairness & Justice - Human rights of UK citizens
- Global issues & making a difference - the civil war in Syria

- Being a citizen in the UK - Democracy & Identity - Devolution in the UK
- Fairness & Justice - Sentencing & the criminal justice system
- Global issues & making a difference - the United Nations universal declaration of Human rights & how human rights abuses are dealt with

Cheers, I'll have a look through them now
I just can't do biology!

And P.E...well, I've never enjoyed PE.

Apart from prom dancing last Thursday...

Biology's ok...like I'm not bad at it but I'm not great at it either. But it's just so boring!!
I like the theory of PE which is probably why I'll find the exam easy. I'm hopeless at practical though so I'm a bit screwed :s-smilie:
Have you already had prom?? That's a little early...?
I felt I should create a post about the upcoming GCSE exams as no one seems to have done this yet.

So what have you got, and let's aim to make this a place where we can all talk about our individual ones to perhaps put our minds at ease!

So I personally have:
16th May: WJEC Sociology Unit 1
17th May: Edexcel French Listening/Reading
AQA Biology Unit 1
18th May: OCR Latin Language 1
19th May: AQA Chemistry Unit 1
WJEC Sociology Unit 2
20th May: AQA Use of Maths Shape and Space
OCR Latin Language 2

So what about you people? What have you got this week? Spill it all!

I've got:
16th: RE Unit 3
17th: AQA Biology Unit 1
19th: AQA Chemistry Unit 1
Original post by NiamhM1801
Biology's ok...like I'm not bad at it but I'm not great at it either. But it's just so boring!!
I like the theory of PE which is probably why I'll find the exam easy. I'm hopeless at practical though so I'm a bit screwed :s-smilie:
Have you already had prom?? That's a little early...?

I find biology boring too!

And no, our prom's not until the start of July. Our school, for the last 7 years, have done prom dancing as the last core PE lesson in Year 11. It's something that EVERYONE dreads, but it is the most fun thing ever!
16th: RE Unit 3
17th: French & Biology 1
18th: ICT Unit 1 & RE Unit 8
19th: Chemistry 1
Original post by Tiara006
Thanks! :smile: have anything similar to mine and good luck in your exams!

Well, I can't quite keep up with everyone but I think there's a few that are similar :smile: And good luck to you too!
I felt I should create a post about the upcoming GCSE exams as no one seems to have done this yet.

So what have you got, and let's aim to make this a place where we can all talk about our individual ones to perhaps put our minds at ease!

So I personally have:
16th May: WJEC Sociology Unit 1
17th May: Edexcel French Listening/Reading
AQA Biology Unit 1
18th May: OCR Latin Language 1
19th May: AQA Chemistry Unit 1
WJEC Sociology Unit 2
20th May: AQA Use of Maths Shape and Space
OCR Latin Language 2

So what about you people? What have you got this week? Spill it all!

Only exam I have this week is RE on the 18th
Original post by Wahhaba
Only exam I have this week is RE on the 18th

Good luck :smile:
16- rs
18- ict
16th- RS Ethics 1 & 2 (OCR) feeling quite chill cuz I mean everyone in my class and I get straight A's and A*'s in every mock and past paper weve done

17th- French AQA (little nervous for vocab but french readings are normally dead easy, listenings are a bit more tricky)

18th ICT (Edexcel)- grade boundaries are SOOOO low for this but I hate the 6 and 8 markers ugh they're always something to do with ICT impacts society and its just like no this isnt RS that was two days ago
16th: RE - Mark's Gospel (AQA)
17th: French (WJEC)
19th: Chemistry Unit 1 (AQA)
17th - French (AQA) , Biology Unit 1 (AQA)
18th - ICT Unit 1 (WJEC)
19th - Chemistry Unit 1 (AQA)

And then some Art Exhibition type thing on the 20th (Art is Edexcel by the way).
See, I'm the opposite. I'm freaking out about the sciences- not so much chemistry, but definitely biology- and I'm real calm about French.

I think the reason I'm feeling okay about science is because I've done quite a lot of exam practice so as long as the questions are in the same format I think I'll do fine. Best of luck for your exams though.
Original post by Anmol_.
I think the reason I'm feeling okay about science is because I've done quite a lot of exam practice so as long as the questions are in the same format I think I'll do fine. Best of luck for your exams though.

Thank you! You too :smile:
I'm sure you won't!

thanks! Its tomorrow
honestly to everyone: positivity will make everything better and prob help you get that grade you want if you picture yourself achieving then it is likely to happen :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest