The Student Room Group

Economics AS AQA exam tomorrow 16/05/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MLGBattlefield
Yeh I'm year 13 and retaking aqa. Focus on OT their the hardest past of the exam. Hoping for a type of policies question.

What's OT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think if you've done the sample assessment paper for AQA, the actual one tomorrow will have the same structure as the sample one.
Original post by theD0N
is that not just merit and demerit goods then?

Merit goods are goods which create positive externalities and demerit creates negative externalities

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by James7373
On the specimen paper for AQA AS Econ it says: "do NOT use pencil". Does this mean we have to use pen for the diagram question because I don't want to use pencil and end up losing 4 marks but with pen I will make a mistake and not be able to rub it out!

i was thinking the same thing so i'll probably initially do it in pencil then when i'm happy with it go over it in pen
Reply 64
is price mechanism a form of market failure?
Original post by theD0N

No, the different types of market failure consist of Externalities, Merit/Demerit Goods, Public Goods, Monopolies and Imperfect Information.
Do we need to know Marginal stuff for the new aqa spec?
Reply 67
Anyone have any predictions for the resit tomorrow?
Original post by theD0N

Not really. A form is missing markets (public goods) as the price function has been broken down.. Also, a monopoly who is a price maker...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shafy97
No, the different types of market failure consist of Externalities, Merit/Demerit Goods, Public Goods, Monopolies and Imperfect Information.

And Information failure - where there is a lack of perfect information about the good or service for both parties involved

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nimrahk123
Does anyone have any ways to remember if demand is elastic or inelastic?

if the answer is between 0 and 1, it is inelastic
if the answer is more than 1, it is elastic

for example if the change in quantity demanded/ change in price = 2, the good is elastic
Original post by ameliawx
if the answer is between 0 and 1, it is inelastic
if the answer is more than 1, it is elastic

for example if the change in quantity demanded/ change in price = 2, the good is elastic

Thanks, I think I finally understand
PLEASE can someone explain price floors and price ceilings?

TIA X
Original post by zwatkins66
And Information failure - where there is a lack of perfect information about the good or service for both parties involved

Posted from TSR Mobile

But isn't that government failure as well...
Original post by ameliawx
PLEASE can someone explain price floors and price ceilings?

TIA X

Price floors are minimum prices that are set above the price equilibrium so that to make sure suppliers get a fair price on their goods.

Price ceilings are maximum prices set below the market equilibrium to increase consumption of a merit good ie Education or Healthcare.
Dude, I'm pumped for tomorrow. Please, let there be no questions on Speed cameras or something silly.:biggrin:
Original post by Shafy97
But isn't that government failure as well...

Government failure based on information is called 'inadequate information' Basically they don't have full knowledge of what they are doing.. rather than information failure which is a form of market failure that is when a firm is witholding information from a consumer to sell the good/service basically (I think). Sorry probably doesn't make any sense...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
yh
Reply 78
Looking for very sophisticated evaluation or analysis????
I'm doing AQA and I'm trying to be optimistic about it. The thing is, I was encouraged to take a 4th subject so I took Economics and it is clearly my weak subject. I'm pretty secure with Microeconomics but I generally don't know anything about Macroeconomics, so that will be fun :frown: (Also doesn't help that I have another exam immediately afterwards)

Can someone tell me what a missing market because I don't remember covering it?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending