The Student Room Group

May 26th GCSE Edexcel 1MA0 Exam 9AM Thursday

With 10 days and counting. How is everyone feeling about this exam? What have you learnt and what do you still have to learn? Are You doing higher or foundation? And any predictions for questions you may think come up? Personally, im worried as iv still got things like graph transformations, histograms, and vectors to really polish up on. Feel free to discuss.

Scroll to see replies

I'm feeling really good about this exam. Been through every question on all the past papers. How do you think it will compare to last year?
Original post by junayd1998
With 10 days and counting. How is everyone feeling about this exam? What have you learnt and what do you still have to learn? Are You doing higher or foundation? And any predictions for questions you may think come up? Personally, im worried as iv still got things like graph transformations, histograms, and vectors to really polish up on. Feel free to discuss.

I'm fairly confident i guess

I'll get a B though, but im happy with that bc i need at least a B to do the courses im doing for alevels :smile:

but the problem is.....

doing exams at home or jus generally in class I get B's, and i'm very close to A's

and in the exams I just mess up

so hopefully I'll try and relax this time :smile:

im worried about circle theorems and that proof
oh and sine and cosine rule otherwise i'm fine :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by mariam687
I'm fairly confident i guess

I'll get a B though, but im happy with that bc i need at least a B to do the courses im doing for alevels :smile:

but the problem is.....

doing exams at home or jus generally in class I get B's, and i'm very close to A's

and in the exams I just mess up

so hopefully I'll try and relax this time :smile:

im worried about circle theorems and that proof
oh and sine and cosine rule otherwise i'm fine :wink:

circle theorems i know off the top of my head lmao.
Reply 4
Original post by jamierogers21
I'm feeling really good about this exam. Been through every question on all the past papers. How do you think it will compare to last year?

Umm dont think it will be to taxing but you never know this is the last year of this spec so they might go out with a bang!
circle theorems i know off the top of my head lmao.

lucky lol

its mostly the proof that i hate, i can work out the missing angles and all that, jus cant describe lol
Umm dont think it will be to taxing but you never know this is the last year of this spec so they might go out with a bang!

That's what I was thinking, I did fairly well on that paper though. Have you sat it?
Reply 7
lucky lol

its mostly the proof that i hate, i can work out the missing angles and all that, jus cant describe lol

Yeah proof is hard. Do you know your direct and inverse proportion?
lucky lol

You need to use the words corresponding (F angles) and alternate (Z angles) and phrases such as "..because angles on a straight line equal 180 degrees"
Reply 9
That's what I was thinking, I did fairly well on that paper though. Have you sat it?

Yeah iv been through that paper :smile:
Yeah proof is hard. Do you know your direct and inverse proportion?

mhm, always get full marks :smile:

shame bc they're only like 2-3 marks :frown:
mhm, always get full marks :smile:

shame bc they're only like 2-3 marks :frown:

better then nothing though. How about graph transformations and vectors they are tricky tend to be the last question
You need to use the words corresponding (F angles) and alternate (Z angles) and phrases such as "..because angles on a straight line equal 180 degrees"

I can use those words but theres words like subtended, and cyclic etcetc

by the time i've finished my proof, my work looks like a mess and you can hardly read it

talking about neatness

mine is so bad..
lose marks due to it all the time :/
but thats only if i use pen, but you HAVE to use pen :/

Honestly the exam is just how much can you remember lmao
better then nothing though. How about graph transformations and vectors they are tricky tend to be the last question

true, if want help, feel free to PM btw :smile:

i still need to revise vectors so yh, they do tend to be tricky,
by the time ive got to the vectors time is up lol
I can use those words but theres words like subtended, and cyclic etcetc

by the time i've finished my proof, my work looks like a mess and you can hardly read it

talking about neatness

mine is so bad..
lose marks due to it all the time :/
but thats only if i use pen, but you HAVE to use pen :/

I'm like that naturally but because the exams are so long I have enough time to go really slowly to ensure everything is presented neatly
true, if want help, feel free to PM btw :smile:

i still need to revise vectors so yh, they do tend to be tricky,
by the time ive got to the vectors time is up lol

Yeah I will do, and likewise if there is anything you need help on, il try my best.
I'm like that naturally but because the exams are so long I have enough time to go really slowly to ensure everything is presented neatly

thats good :smile:

what is your predicted for maths, if you dont mind me asking?

you dont have to answer if you dont wanna :smile:

You think 1 hour 45 is long? lool I think its too short i would love to have an extra 15 mins for sure.
Yeah I will do, and likewise if there is anything you need help on, il try my best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending