The Student Room Group

How is everyone feeling about GCSEs starting tomorrow?

I'm quite nervous but i've worked and worked everyday for a month now at pure exam stuff so i'm kind of over it. It's gotten to the point where i'm excited because i just want to see what they've put on the paper! What about you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm bloody terrified
I've been revising since February time but now I'm worrying that it wasnt good quality revision. I can't relax and feel stressed 24/7. I'm most worried for English because it's a really important subject and I really struggle at it. Other than that I feel quite confident with the other exams (but stressed that I might not fet all As and A*s).
I've already done an exam and honestly it feels like it's just another mock exam! Im probs gonna be scared for the subjects that I need to do well in in order to do them for A Levels but other than that I am not actually scared. Months of preparation is actually good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by luciie
I'm bloody terrified

Why?? You shouldn't be! I believe in you! :wink:
Quite chilled tbh. I've got maths which is nice. and let's face it , they're only GCSEs - not actually that important. I'm already more worried about starting IB in August than I am about my GCSEs oops
Reply 6
Original post by Kezzabells
Why?? You shouldn't be! I believe in you! :wink:

Haha thank you :redface: I'm just worried that I'm going to end up freaking out in the hall and then completely messing it up :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by DamnDaniel2
I've already done an exam and honestly it feels like it's just another mock exam! Im probs gonna be scared for the subjects that I need to do well in in order to do them for A Levels but other than that I am not actually scared. Months of preparation is actually good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know what you mean! I did the IGCSE Eng Lang. and i opened the paper and i genuinely thought to myself 'wait wtf? I haven't seen this paper before' and i spent the first 5 minutes just thinking about how stupid i am XD i was so ready for another past paper
Reply 8
I'm feeling alright and I haven't even revised as much as I would've liked to tbh!
Reply 9
Original post by Calsiwm_Silicad
Quite chilled tbh. I've got maths which is nice. and let's face it , they're only GCSEs - not actually that important. I'm already more worried about starting IB in August than I am about my GCSEs oops

Is that the International thing with like 6 qualification instead of 4 and some are standard and others are developed?
Is that the International thing with like 6 qualification instead of 4 and some are standard and others are developed?

yeah. it's frightening
Hi everyone,
I was so stressed the night before my English exam and got really upset. No need to be at all! The exam doesn't even feel real it feels like it's a practice so don't worry. The worst thing to do is stress because you will start panicking and forgetting which isn't good. If you have your exam tomorrow you should be thinking about skewing very soon at least 8 hours we need! Good luck and believe in yourself!😊😊
Hi everyone,
I was so stressed the night before my English exam and got really upset. No need to be at all! The exam doesn't even feel real it feels like it's a practice so don't worry. The worst thing to do is stress because you will start panicking and forgetting which isn't good. If you have your exam tomorrow you should be thinking about skewing very soon at least 8 hours we need! Good luck and believe in yourself!😊😊

Original post by Calsiwm_Silicad
yeah. it's frightening

What are your thoughts on the IB programme?
I'm terriefed of messing up on the science exams :frown:
Original post by Audrey18
What are your thoughts on the IB programme?

I think it'll be amazing and much more interesting and all encompassing than A Levels. The only downside in my opinion is the higher calibre of student against whom you'll be competing. If you think about it , IB is done at international schools around the world. Elite academic schools in China , India and other academically focused countries . They're the people who affect grade boundaries - scary concept to me.
I have not finished revision for anything yet and I have just been putting some subjects of all together
Chemistry on Thursday is stressing me out so bad, I don't even want to begin thinking about the week after (an exam a day kill me now)
Reply 18
feeling like my revison was really bad oops
My next exam is on the 23th, but I've already had my AQA Art (which was hell) and my iGCSE CIE English Lang. They were terrifying but a lot of people had a ton of language exams so I feel a bit better. I am completely over the exams tbh, mainly looking forward to sixth form. Good luck everyone!! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest