The Student Room Group

Muslim breaks mans jaw with knuckle duster in Brighton for being gay.

A man was attacked outside a bar in Brighton with a knuckle duster and savagely beaten by a man using homophobic language and 'shouting all this Muslim stuff' as one witness stated. Going on to say 'no one wants to hear that'

In true PC fashion, the police are not aware of any religious motivation at this point. So it's conjecture for me to say the motivation was homophobia, but it's also blatantly obvious why this happened.

What I am curious about is, did nobody want to hear the attacker preach at the scene, or, does nobody handling the situation want to hear that the attacker was 'shouting all this Muslim stuff'. I wouldn't be surprised in either case.

"“A 21-year-old man from London was arrested on suspicion of assault and GBH with intent. He has been bailed until (Monday) 13 June….A friend of the victim, Brian Markintosh, said that Mr Woods was 6ft 6in tall but said: “He’s such a gentle giant. He’s the kindest person you could imagine.“This geezer broke his jaw with a knuckleduster. He was filming the young gay guys.“And when he was attacking him he was shouting all this Muslim stuff but no one wants to hear that.”Sussex Police said that it was not aware of any racial or religious element to the assault… ".
http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2016/05/11/man-arrested-after-gay-bashing-attack-on-brighton-seafront/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by HanSoloLuck
A man was attacked outside a bar in Brighton with a knuckle duster and savagely beaten by a man using homophobic language and 'shouting all this Muslim stuff' as one witness stated. Going on to say 'no one wants to hear that'

In true PC fashion, the police are not aware of any religious motivation at this point. So it's conjecture for me to say the motivation was homophobia, but it's also blatantly obvious why this happened.

What I am curious about is, did nobody want to hear the attacker preach at the scene, or, does nobody handling the situation want to hear that the attacker was 'shouting all this Muslim stuff'. I wouldn't be surprised in either case.

"“A 21-year-old man from London was arrested on suspicion of assault and GBH with intent. He has been bailed until (Monday) 13 June….A friend of the victim, Brian Markintosh, said that Mr Woods was 6ft 6in tall but said: “He’s such a gentle giant. He’s the kindest person you could imagine.“This geezer broke his jaw with a knuckleduster. He was filming the young gay guys.“And when he was attacking him he was shouting all this Muslim stuff but no one wants to hear that.”Sussex Police said that it was not aware of any racial or religious element to the assault… ".Aaron-Woods.jpg
http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2016/05/11/man-arrested-after-gay-bashing-attack-on-brighton-seafront/

Reading this I feel angry and sad.
appaling. the death penalty needs to be brought back just for homophobes.
Reply 3
Clearly he wasn't a real muslim then.
Reply 4
Original post by Jebedee

Haha you joker.
Original post by Jebedee

Have some compassion instead of running towards the victim role, as a muslim myself this is just sad and awful.
Hope he makes a quick recovery

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by GothicShield
Have some compassion instead of running towards the victim role, as a muslim myself this is just sad and awful.
Hope he makes a quick recovery

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't mean any ill will towards the victim. To be honest these kinds of things are so commonplace now one gets de-sensitised but I'm getting that response in there so others don't have to.
Original post by Jebedee

Amen brother, it's like those other false Muslims...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law (Googled to find the ICM poll quickly, thought I'd get DM links first but actually the Guardian popped right up, surprised...)

52% of them saying they'd want homosexuality to be illegal, damn ICM poll are clearly asking the not true Muslims instead of the true ones. So actually the percentage of Muslims in the UK is smaller than we think, since if the sampling reflects the community then around half of Muslims are in fact not Muslims.
Reply 8
Original post by joey11223
Amen brother, it's like those other false Muslims...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law (Googled to find the ICM poll quickly, thought I'd get DM links first but actually the Guardian popped right up, surprised...)

52% of them saying they'd want homosexuality to be illegal, damn ICM poll are clearly asking the not true Muslims instead of the true ones. So actually the percentage of Muslims in the UK is smaller than we think, since if the sampling reflects the community then around half of Muslims are in fact not Muslims.

They were clearly jews in disguise, plotting to make muslims look bad.
Reply 9
Islam does not condone such actions. Yes, we believe homosexuality is a sin, but islamically:

1. You should never take the law into your own hands.
2. You must obey the law of the lands
3. Nothing in Islam allows you to go and assault someone who simply identifies as gay.

So i condemn the actions, and this flies in the face of what i believe in.
Original post by Jebedee

....and that's why Iran has having the draw a holocaust cartoon competition, to help call them out on their many lies!....it's starting to make sense.

But I will add that the Qu'ran does tell us what to do here...

"And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain..."

Give that 6ft 6" "gentle giant" a knuckle duster, an eye for an eye!
Original post by Jebedee

This is great. Try to paint muslims as anti-semitic by using the reverse sarcasm psychology. If i were a PR firm trying to discredit muslims and employing online agents, this is exactly what i would ask them to do, use and satire and sarcsm to push the anti-semitism image.

Forget the fact by turning anti-semitism into a joke, real cases of it won't get dealt with in the serious level they ought to.
Original post by HanSoloLuck

"“A 21-year-old man from London was arrested on suspicion of assault and GBH with intent. He has been bailed until (Monday) 13 June….A friend of the victim, Brian Markintosh, said that Mr Woods was 6ft 6in tall but said: “He’s such a gentle giant. He’s the kindest person you could imagine.“This geezer broke his jaw with a knuckleduster. He was filming the young gay guys.“And when he was attacking him he was shouting all this Muslim stuff but no one wants to hear that.”Sussex Police said that it was not aware of any racial or religious element to the assault… ".Aaron-Woods.jpg

Seems legit 'shouting all this muslim stuff'... innocent until proven guilty, besides that, sad to hear this happened, hopefully he makes a speedy recovery!
Original post by joey11223
....and that's why Iran has having the draw a holocaust cartoon competition, to help call them out on their many lies!....it's starting to make sense.

But I will add that the Qu'ran does tell us what to do here...

"And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain..."

Give that 6ft 6" "gentle giant" a knuckle duster, an eye for an eye!

Ayatullah Sistani(one of the most senior Clerics worldwide): "A Muslim is allowed to take non-Muslims for acquaintances and friends, to be sincere towards them and they be sincere towards him, to help one another in fulfilling the needs of this life. Almighty Allãh has said in His noble Book: “Allãh does not forbid you in regard to those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allãh loves the doers of justice.” (60:8)"

Ali Ibn Abu Talib a.s - the cousin of The prophet Muhammed s.a.w and his closest compaion (as per the shia school) - This was compiled from earlier letters and scripts found even earlier - the below can be authentically varified to be atleast 1100-200 years old- it is not post-adhoc rationalism:

"Remember, Maalik, that amongst your subjects there are two kinds of people: those who have the same religion as you have; they are brothers to you, and those who have religions other than that of yours, they are human beings like you. Men of either category suffer from the same weaknesses and disabilities that human beings are inclined to, they commit sins, indulge in vices either intentionally or foolishly and unintentionally without realizing the enormity of their deeds. Let your mercy and compassion come to their rescue and help in the same way and to the same extent that you expect Allah to show mercy and forgiveness to you".
Letter 53 - To Malik Al Ashtor for Governance

Reply 14
Seems Brighton really has a problem with gay people - wasn't a gay couple beat up by some random guys?
http://attitude.co.uk/gay-couple-viciously-assaulted-in-alleged-hate-crime/ - yeah here also Brighton literally 10 days ago

what's down there :eek:
Original post by lolakirk

Fantastic.
Original post by lolakirk

Combat barbaric savagery with more barbaric savagery. You'd probably fit in with extremists much better then you'd like to.
Original post by Tawheed
This is great. Try to paint muslims as anti-semitic by using the reverse sarcasm psychology. If i were a PR firm trying to discredit muslims and employing online agents, this is exactly what i would ask them to do, use and satire and sarcsm to push the anti-semitism image.

Forget the fact by turning anti-semitism into a joke, real cases of it won't get dealt with in the serious level they ought to.

Islamic doctrine is demonstrably anti-semitic and muslims follow the quran. Pew polls also demonstrate that the majority of the muslim world thinks unfavourably of Jews.

Ergo, no painting is required my friend.
"Sussex Police said that it was not aware of any racial or religious element to the assault."

It very well could be religious influence and probably is (sadly) but let's not jump to conclusions before we have all the information needed.
Reply 19
Also regarding 'shouting all this Muslim stuff' - what do they mean? Because Quranic verses aren't the only thing in Arabic, the guy could've been shouting "i love apples" in Arabic and that could sound like 'Muslim stuff' to non-Arabic speakers.
Just saying.

It doesn't excuse the crime tho, disgusting and vile just like all other hate crimes no matter the motivation. And I hope someone knuckledusts that guys jaw.

Latest

Trending

Trending