The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jebedee
Islamic doctrine is demonstrably anti-semitic and muslims follow the quran. Pew polls also demonstrate that the majority of the muslim world thinks unfavourably of Jews.

Ergo, no painting is required my friend.

That's most likely due to poor education as well as the current Israel-Gaza conflict. I won't be surprised if Zionists also had a mutual hatred for us ("us" meaning Muslims. I'm not anti-semitic).
Original post by Jebedee
Islamic doctrine is demonstrably anti-semitic and muslims follow the quran. Pew polls also demonstrate that the majority of the muslim world thinks unfavourably of Jews.

Ergo, no painting is required my friend.

I'm a muslim here. In Islam, we can and are allowed to marry Jews.

Being anti-semitic in the sense you are racist against Jews as people is absolutely forbidden.
Absolutely horrible.
Original post by z33
Seems Brighton really has a problem with gay people - wasn't a gay couple beat up by some random guys?
http://attitude.co.uk/gay-couple-viciously-assaulted-in-alleged-hate-crime/ - yeah here also Brighton literally 10 days ago

what's down there :eek:

No mention of the perps in that story, there wouldn't have been in the OP had some member of the public not made a statement, what are the chances that the attackers from your story were adherents of Islam ?
Original post by Tawheed
This is great. Try to paint muslims as anti-semitic by using the reverse sarcasm psychology. If i were a PR firm trying to discredit muslims and employing online agents, this is exactly what i would ask them to do, use and satire and sarcsm to push the anti-semitism image.

Forget the fact by turning anti-semitism into a joke, real cases of it won't get dealt with in the serious level they ought to.

Funny because you tried to paint all Atheists as supports of incest two days ago.

But hey, thats non of my business.

Next time, before jumping on someone for "painting all muslims" you should be more reflective of your own actions.
http://prntscr.com/b4h3e6
I made a thread about this already a day or two ago. :smile:
Original post by champ_mc99
That's most likely due to poor education as well as the current Israel-Gaza conflict. I won't be surprised if Zionists also had a mutual hatred for us ("us" meaning Muslims. I'm not anti-semitic).

Plenty of people are uneducated and manage not to hate particular sections of people or all other sections of people. I wouldn't say that is the primary factor.

Original post by Tawheed
I'm a muslim here. In Islam, we can and are allowed to marry Jews.

Being anti-semitic in the sense you are racist against Jews as people is absolutely forbidden.

Are women allowed to marry Jews?
Reply 28
Original post by HanSoloLuck
No mention of the perps in that story, there wouldn't have been in the OP had some member of the public not made a statement, what are the chances that the attackers from your story were adherents of Islam ?

There was something on the Mirror

An 18-year-old man was arrested in connection with the incident, police say.A spokesman for Sussex Police said: "An 18-year-old man from Crawley has been arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, causing grievous bodily harm with intent and obstructing or resisting a police officer in the execution of their duty."He has been bailed until 5 July pending further enquiries."The arrest was made following a report of an incident outside the Queens Hotel in Kings Road, Brighton, shortly after 5am on Monday, May 2."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-reveals-horrific-injuries-after-7930312

The victims also speak in the article^ but nothing about race or appearance or religion is mentioned so I have no idea. But the suspect sounds insane with all those previous arrests :eek: just like everyone else who discriminates and carries out hate crimes :sigh:.
Original post by Tawheed
This is great. Try to paint muslims as anti-semitic by using the reverse sarcasm psychology. If i were a PR firm trying to discredit muslims and employing online agents, this is exactly what i would ask them to do, use and satire and sarcsm to push the anti-semitism image.

Forget the fact by turning anti-semitism into a joke, real cases of it won't get dealt with in the serious level they ought to.

Yeah, it's all a big conspiracy. If it weren't for people being sarcastic about the rampant antisemitism and rampant homophobia within Muslim communities the world would be so much safer for everyone............
Original post by ivybridge
I made a thread about this already a day or two ago. :smile:

What did it say? I'm curious as to your opinion?
Original post by Jebedee

Only men are allowed to marry christians or jews. This is not about men vs women, only about the antisemitism. Why would muslim men be allowed to marry jews?
Reply 32
Original post by Jebedee

Women are not allowed to marry non-Muslims
Men are allowed to marry Jews, Christians and Muslims only, not people of non-Abrahamic religion.
Because apparently the child is more likely to take after the religion of the father, and that puts the woman at a disadvantage.
Dat inequality

However that's not what this thread is about...
Original post by Tawheed
Only men are allowed to marry christians or jews. This is not about men vs women, only about the antisemitism. Why would muslim men be allowed to marry jews?

This thread isnt about Jews.
If you want to talk about it, go somewhere else.
Well when I put it up, there was no link to muslims. Now there is. I think the same about it; it's disgusting and that's that.
To anyone saying this is Islam, you make me laugh at your discrimination.

Firstly, what this guy did is wrong and appalling and disgusting. I personally don't like gay people but that means that I just don't pay much attention to them, not smash their bloody head in! My condolences to the victim.

Main point: Although I agree that this is a disgusting action, I have no reason to see how a Muslim did this? Someone already started this thread 2 days ago which has a lot more responses and pasted the following link:
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/05/11/man-arrested-after-brutal-homophobic-attack-on-brighton-seafront/

Nowhere on here does it say it was a Muslim??? I see it says "Muslim stuff" but what the hell does that mean? There have been stories where people are not allowed to board planes because they are talking in foreign languages that others described as a Muslim language when they weren't.

How do we actually know that this was a Muslim?

Like is there no clear cut proof?
Original post by Tawheed

No but you used "muslims can even marry jews" as a reason why muslims aren't discriminatory towards jews but that clearly isn't the case.
I don't know....perhaps this thing called equality?

Original post by z33
Women are not allowed to marry non-Muslims
Men are allowed to marry Jews, Christians and Muslims only, not people of non-Abrahamic religion.
Because apparently the child is more likely to take after the religion of the father, and that puts the woman at a disadvantage.
Dat inequality

However that's not what this thread is about...

Ok so the purpose is only to proselytise. It isn't evidence to discount discrimination from muslims towards jews.
Why would you even go to Brighton if you're a virulent homophobe?
Original post by .Jeff548
To anyone saying this is Islam, you make me laugh at your discrimination.

Firstly, what this guy did is wrong and appalling and disgusting. I personally don't like gay people but that means that I just don't pay much attention to them, not smash their bloody head in! My condolences to the victim.

Main point: Although I agree that this is a disgusting action, I have no reason to see how a Muslim did this? Someone already started this thread 2 days ago which has a lot more responses and pasted the following link:
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/05/11/man-arrested-after-brutal-homophobic-attack-on-brighton-seafront/

Nowhere on here does it say it was a Muslim??? I see it says "Muslim stuff" but what the hell does that mean? There have been stories where people are not allowed to board planes because they are talking in foreign languages that others described as a Muslim language when they weren't.

How do we actually know that this was a Muslim?

Like is there no clear cut proof?

Ironic that you complain about "discrimination" in your first sentence, then go on to say "I personally don't like gay people".
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Jebedee
No but you used "muslims can even marry jews" as a reason why muslims aren't discriminatory towards jews but that clearly isn't the case.I don't know....perhaps this thing called equality?Ok so the purpose is only to proselytise. It isn't evidence to discount discrimination from muslims towards jews.

Okay in MY experience Muslims around me and in the central London community (the Arab community) Jews are spoken of negatively. Maybe it's the Palestine vs Israel thing as well? Again - my experience. However many figures in Islam such as the prophet and Imam Ali (a.s.) have stated time and time again "Our enemies are not the Jews or the Christians, our enemy is our own ignorance" and that Muslims are to respect the Jews and the Christians (since Muslims used to be very discriminatory during that time, and the prophet made sure the Jews were allowed to freely practise their religion in Medina) and there are many accounts of interactions between the prophet and imams and people of different religions. Though not all Muslims listen obviously.

However if you detach Muslims from Islam and just look at Islam - the teachings are to be tolerant. And Muslims are fallible humans and if they are discriminatory, close minded, racist or whatever that is a problem with the individuals, with the environment they grew up in, with how they were taught and the intolerance within the community, and it cannot just be blamed on the religion itself and there's no excuse for it.

Either way we need to focus on teaching and educating the people within the Muslim community, which I am trying to do. Whenever I hear a Muslim speak negatively of someone else because of their religion/ race/ nationality I make sure to tell them what they are doing is wrong and explain to them how and why it's wrong, as I would with anyone else. I've noticed they've become much more tolerant. I encourage others to do the same. The only way we'll change it is if we acknowledge it.

Again - my experience, not necessarily the same as anyone else's.
Before people jump on me and say I'm dirtying the name of Islam -.-
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending