The Student Room Group

University course(Need urgent advice)

Right, so at the moment i am starting to think about what uni course i'd like to do. My current subjects are:
A level: Maths, Biology, Spanish
As- ICT
I am in the process of booking open days for unis, but as can be understood i don't want to be wasting my time and going to open days at unis that i wont attend to due to reasons such as the uni not being good at the course i want to do. I need to find a range of course that interest me but i am not very aware of all of the courses available as there are so many. Maths has always interested me since i was a kid, i enjoy handling and using numbers etc. I am decent at the subject, strong area being problem solving.
My plan is to gather all the courses that involve a lot of maths and research them in detail to finally pick one. Not looking to do a course that just involves pureeeeeee 100% maths as i reckon i won't enjoy it
I am asking anyone out there to give me advice and inform me of what type of courses involve some maths(any branch, but slightly more towards maths in business and again if you have a course suggestion that doesnt have to do with business post it anyway since i might really like it!). It would be a bonus if you could also describe what the course is like and the contents of it, but you don't have to since i'll be researching any courses recommended.
Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by student20323
Right, so at the moment i am starting to think about what uni course i'd like to do. My current subjects are:
A level: Maths, Biology, Spanish
As- ICT
I am in the process of booking open days for unis, but as can be understood i don't want to be wasting my time and going to open days at unis that i wont attend to due to reasons such as the uni not being good at the course i want to do. I need to find a range of course that interest me but i am not very aware of all of the courses available as there are so many. Maths has always interested me since i was a kid, i enjoy handling and using numbers etc. I am decent at the subject, strong area being problem solving.
My plan is to gather all the courses that involve a lot of maths and research them in detail to finally pick one. Not looking to do a course that just involves pureeeeeee 100% maths as i reckon i won't enjoy it
I am asking anyone out there to give me advice and inform me of what type of courses involve some maths(any branch, but slightly more towards maths in business and again if you have a course suggestion that doesnt have to do with business post it anyway since i might really like it!). It would be a bonus if you could also describe what the course is like and the contents of it, but you don't have to since i'll be researching any courses recommended.
Thanks in advance!

Economics or econometrics?

It's good to visit one uni you don't want to go to, as it gives you something to compare.
Original post by Juno
Economics or econometrics?

It's good to visit one uni you don't want to go to, as it gives you something to compare.

I'll take a look into them and i never would have thought about the compare bit but now it's something i can do! Thanks for the advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending