The Student Room Group

C1 Maths extra practise

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by YeSand
Be careful. Recurrence sequences do not have same common difference.

For c1 they do

This is for Edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by ameehannah
Fam C1 is easy n sounds like you already done enough revision

I'm telling fam don't underestimate c1 they gna pull something weird I can sense it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by YeSand

In that specific question however, there is a common difference of 4 between each term, you end up with 2,6,10,14,18... and so on.
Reply 63
Original post by imran_
I'm telling fam don't underestimate c1 they gna pull something weird I can sense it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am retaking C1 and I hell hope something reallly stupid doesn't come up. I can usually deal with hard questions but not extremely hard unheard of ones.
I hope I get 95-100 UMS though.
Original post by YeSand

The recurrent sequence is an arithmetic sequence in disguise. I gave that a2 = 6, and asked to work out a1 and a3, which were 2 and 10, so that's how the connection is made :tongue: they can check a4 if they wish.
Original post by SeanFM
The recurrent sequence is an arithmetic sequence in disguise. I gave that a2 = 6, and asked to work out a1 and a3, which were 2 and 10, so that's how the connection is made :tongue: they can check a4 if they wish.

Okay this is a really silly C1 question but nobody's mentioned it to me beforeWhat order would you do indices in? I know theres BIDMAS ofc but for example:x(2x^-1/4)^4 What order would you do the indice rules in? Does it not matter? Why do we save the multiplication of X till last, because of BIDMAS.. just need clarification
Just a quick question; what's 4 over the square root of X as an indicie and why??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by saffronlord
Just a quick question; what's 4 over the square root of X as an indicie and why??

Posted from TSR Mobile

4x^-1/2

rootx=x^1/2

1/x =x^-1

do the math
4*x^-1/2
Reply 69
Original post by SeanFM
Here is a question for you to try :h:

A sequence of numbers a0,a1,a2,... a_0, a_1, a_2, ... is given by an+1=2an+64n a_{n+1} = 2a_{n} + 6 - 4n.

Given that a2=6a_2 = 6, find a1a_1 and a3a_3.

Hence find the value of i=110ai\sum_{i=1}^{10} a_{i}.

Hence, or otherwise, find the value of i=010ai\sum_{i=0}^{10} a_{i}.

Is the last part just 198 or am I being stupid?
Original post by ogu01

Yes, it is just 198 and you are not being stupid :h:
Original post by ogu01

how did you work it out?
What's the hardest type of question/s that can come up on this c1 paper?
Reply 73
Original post by not_lucas1
What's the hardest type of question/s that can come up on this c1 paper?

mate no one will know, you should be comfortable with everything by now
Hey is doing topics by question for maths enough revision? Cos it gives me a good understanding of how to tackle any question that comes up for that topic and you basically cover most papers through it. I've left my revision last minute and want to move from a d to a b

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by imran_
mate no one will know, you should be comfortable with everything by now

no I just mean in general, what is the most difficult type of question that can be asked, not what you think is going to be asked

Quick Reply

Latest