The Student Room Group

[UPSETTING] Acute stress and anxiety: My experience

aaaaaaaa
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Warning: the content of this post may be deemed upsetting for some readers.

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by iEthan
Depression and Anxiety
Mental Health Awareness Week 2016

Warning: this content is upsetting.

I'm genuinely really proud of you for this. Honestly, it is so hard talking about things like this and admitting them, even online. In the back of my mind I was thinking, whilst writing mine, "what if somebody I know finds it?" And you should be mega proud of yourself. I'm glad you have managed and got through. Keep smiling :smile:.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ivybridge

Hugs. Lots of hugs. :hugs::jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
x

First off, I am so proud of you for talking about this. I cannot imagine your struggles and I seriously am so happy that things are finally looking up, it can't have been easy it definitely wasn't. But, you're an amazing guy - you really are. I hope you know that :hugs: Lots and lots of hugs and positive vibes from me!

I'm genuinely really proud of you for this. Honestly, it is so hard talking about things like this and admitting them, even online. In the back of my mind I was thinking, whilst writing mine, "what if somebody I know finds it?" And you should be mega proud of yourself. I'm glad you have managed and got through. Keep smiling :smile:.

Thank you :hugs: I thought the same thing about sharing this. But mental health is so important and it's vital we discuss it! :yep: Thank you ivy :lovehug:

Spoiler

Original post by iEthan
First off, I am so proud of you for talking about this. I cannot imagine your struggles and I seriously am so happy that things are finally looking up, it can't have been easy it definitely wasn't. But, you're an amazing guy - you really are. I hope you know that :hugs: Lots and lots of hugs and positive vibes from me!

Thank you :hugs: I thought the same thing about sharing this. But mental health is so important and it's vital we discuss it! :yep: Thank you ivy :lovehug:

Spoiler

:smile: Thank you :hugs:

I agree. It's too understated. Even though people go on about it, they never have the right discussions.
Reply 6
:.

Original post by iEthan
]

So sorry you guys went through this stuff :hugs: I have experienced trauma myself so I know how tough it can be. <3
Reply 7

I hope this video helps give some short term relief to anyone who's in an helpless train of anxious thoughts xxx

I find it useful, share if you think so too

Peace
[URL=http:/https://youtu.be/7xalaT2FwS8/

www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app]Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for sharing!

Original post by Jenx301
So sorry you guys went through this stuff :hugs: I have experienced trauma myself so I know how tough it can be. <3

Thank you Jen :hugs: lots of hugs to you!
Original post by iEthan

Oh god, reading that I felt everything. I heard the train and everything, god if I felt like that I can't even imagine how you felt being there. How absolutely traumatising, I'm sorry you had to see that but god that poor man, that is the thing about life, you really never know when it's approaching it's end.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Oh god, reading that I felt everything. I heard the train and everything, god if I felt like that I can't even imagine how you felt being there. How absolutely traumatising, I'm sorry you had to see that but god that poor man, that is the thing about life, you really never know when it's approaching it's end.

:jumphug: it was harrowing, it really was. I still wonder who he was and what I would have done if I'd seen the train a little bit earlier… anyway, as you said! Nothing's ever set in stone. Carpe diem :heart:

Gosh, how absolutely awful! I will never understand homophobia, absolutely never have and I never will. I don't understand how somebodies sexual preference can cause you so much anger that you feel the need to hurt them emotionally and physically. I don't understand it at all.

Sorry you had to go through so much, it's amazing how you excelled academically. You're clearly very bright and have a lot of light in your future even though so much of your prime years were filled with darkness. You're very brilliant!
Gosh, how absolutely awful! I will never understand homophobia, absolutely never have and I never will. I don't understand how somebodies sexual preference can cause you so much anger that you feel the need to hurt them emotionally and physically. I don't understand it at all.

Sorry you had to go through so much, it's amazing how you excelled academically. You're clearly very bright and have a lot of light in your future even though so much of your prime years were filled with darkness. You're very brilliant!

Thank you :hugs:
Original post by iEthan
:jumphug: it was harrowing, it really was. I still wonder who he was and what I would have done if I'd seen the train a little bit earlier… anyway, as you said! Nothing's ever set in stone. Carpe diem :heart:

Indeed, Carpe diem!! :biggrin:

There is nothing that could have been done, although people should be more careful at train stations and look out for each other, the tube actually terrifies me, I'm like a squirrel trying not to get stepped on when I use it (which is rare because I live outside of London at the moment). I have noticed how people push and shove their way through and it it actually terrifying! I suppose you get used to it, but I would NEVER EVER STEP OVER THAT DREADED YELLOW LINE, EVER! No matter how comfortable I get with using trains. :redface:
Indeed, Carpe diem!! :biggrin:

There is nothing that could have been done, although people should be more careful at train stations and look out for each other, the tube actually terrifies me, I'm like a squirrel trying not to get stepped on when I use it (which is rare because I live outside of London at the moment). I have noticed how people push and shove their way through and it it actually terrifying! I suppose you get used to it, but I would NEVER EVER STEP OVER THAT DREADED YELLOW LINE, EVER! No matter how comfortable I get with using trains. :redface:

The Tube is so dangerous! Good policy! :hugs:
Hi everyone :wavey:

@Deyesy has written an amazing post about his diagnosis, definitely worth checking out: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4086593
Original post by iEthan
Depression and Anxiety
Mental Health Awareness Week 2016

Depression and anxiety affect nearly 400,000 young people in the UK alone. According to YoungMinds, that's around 1 in 15 of us that have experienced depression or anxiety. Living with either or both of them can seriously impact day-to-day life.

TSR is running a campaign all of this week for Mental Health Awareness Week 2016 to promote and inform others of the state of mental health and to try and reduce the stigmas associated with mental health.

Have you ever experienced something traumatising? Something so utterly shocking that you'll remember it for the rest of your life? That's what I'll be talking about today. This thread aims to talk about my experience, how I reacted, what happened next and how I dealt with it.

For more information on mental illness, the Mind and Rethink websites are a good place to start. The Samaritans, Childline and Nightline are also great if you need someone to speak to, and also have email and instant messaging services if you can't or don't want to speak out loud to someone. If you're struggling, your GP is always a good first point of call though!

Feel free to share your experiences. However, if the content is upsetting, please use a spoiler or an expand tag :h:

We're holding various events and writing about lots of different themes throughout the week. Take a look here!

Dearest Ethan,

I could literally feel myself in your position as I read through that. I am not exaggerating in any way when I say that I am shivering with tears in my eyes. If just reading that is causing this in me, I cannot possibly imagine how much trauma you have gone through.

It must have been extremely difficult for you to write that and I admire you so much for doing it.

Please know that I genuinely respect you so much despite not even knowing you.

Love,
M. x
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Dearest Ethan,

I could literally feel myself in your position as I read through that. I am not exaggerating in any way when I say that I am shivering with tears in my eyes. If just reading that is causing this in me, I cannot possibly imagine how much trauma you have gone through.

It must have been extremely difficult for you to write that and I admire you so much for doing it.

Please know that I genuinely respect you so much despite not even knowing you.

Love,
M. x

:jumphug: thank you for your kind words M, I really appreciate them :hugs: you're very kind, I hope that this will encourage people to talk about acute stress and the impact it can have. x

Hey,

Again, I have so much admiration for you for having the courage to write that out. I am genuinely so sorry that you had to go through such a traumatising experience.

You are a such an incredible individual for achieving all you have done through all that. I really wish you the best of luck!

M x

Quick Reply

Latest