The Student Room Group

What happens if I'm vomitting before an exam?

Ive been feeling really sick for a few hours, and a couple of hours ago my sister threw up so I have a feeling I've got a sickness bug. I know I'm going to vomit, I feel like I do when I get a bug. I have a psychology exam this afternoon and if I'm vomitting what do I do?

Sixth form never said anything about this 😑
Also it's definitely not nerves, I'm not worried about exams in any way
Original post by Adores
Ive been feeling really sick for a few hours, and a couple of hours ago my sister threw up so I have a feeling I've got a sickness bug. I know I'm going to vomit, I feel like I do when I get a bug. I have a psychology exam this afternoon and if I'm vomitting what do I do?

Sixth form never said anything about this 😑
Also it's definitely not nerves, I'm not worried about exams in any way

Firstly, I'd suggest doing whatever you can to feel better for your exams, so perhaps see your doctor or take some medicaiton...rest is key. Your exams co-ordinator is the person who can take care of these things. The best that they can do for you is notify the board that you were ill prior to the exam and that had a negative effect on your performance. As a result they would increase your marks by a specific percentage. The amount is certainly not that high, and whilst you may think it unfair, just think of how many of us would 'suddenly start vomiting' if it were! There is another possibility, where you may be given extra time; normally this would involve speaking to the office long before the exam date, but Im sure theres an exception for when students are unfortunate enough to become ill closer to the date. All in all, there is more that you can do for yourself in the way of resting, than they can do for you with adjustments to you grade.Good Luck and feel better! I too was in this situation but it all worked out in the end thankfully.
Reply 2
Original post by lordoftheties
Firstly, I'd suggest doing whatever you can to feel better for your exams, so perhaps see your doctor or take some medicaiton...rest is key. Your exams co-ordinator is the person who can take care of these things. The best that they can do for you is notify the board that you were ill prior to the exam and that had a negative effect on your performance. As a result they would increase your marks by a specific percentage. The amount is certainly not that high, and whilst you may think it unfair, just think of how many of us would 'suddenly start vomiting' if it were! There is another possibility, where you may be given extra time; normally this would involve speaking to the office long before the exam date, but Im sure theres an exception for when students are unfortunate enough to become ill closer to the date. All in all, there is more that you can do for yourself in the way of resting, than they can do for you with adjustments to you grade.Good Luck and feel better! I too was in this situation but it all worked out in the end thankfully.

I was kind of getting at that if I was continuously vomitting all day. I wouldn't be able to sit in a huge hall of people if I kept throwing up. Would it be rescheduled or would I just have not do it?
Original post by Adores
I was kind of getting at that if I was continuously vomitting all day. I wouldn't be able to sit in a huge hall of people if I kept throwing up. Would it be rescheduled or would I just have not do it?

They could probably put you in another room. Aside from that I dont think they can do much....

Quick Reply

Latest