The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Underscore__
That is an alternative but until you understand something don't argue about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now you're pretending I've argued with you by saying it out loud. I think the only internet arguer tactics left that you haven't tried is telling me to "calm down", calling me "butthurt" and proclaiming "I'm done".

You even pretended you're a lawyer, which is cringeworthy. Most likely you spend a lot of time on the internet, and just to argue. Have you made one single thread about, say, being a student? Exam topics? Bet not.
Original post by ozzyoscy
Now you're pretending I've argued with you by saying it out loud. I think the only internet arguer tactics left that you haven't tried is telling me to "calm down", calling me "butthurt" and proclaiming "I'm done".

You even pretended you're a lawyer, which is cringeworthy. Most likely you spend a lot of time on the internet, and just to argue. Have you made one single thread about, say, being a student? Exam topics? Bet not.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha let me get back to my pretend job

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha let me get back to my pretend job

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let me know how being a 22-year-old 'lawyer' works out for ya.
Original post by MockingJay-
What's your verdict? Is it right to kill someone for killing somebody?

The death penalty shouldn't be used on murderers, it should be used on terrorists
Let me know how being a 22-year-old 'lawyer' works out for ya.

1. When did I say how old I am?
2. What I actually said was I have a training contract, I didn't specify how far along the training process I am

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it should be only used in extreme cases
Original post by andreicos
I think it should be only used in extreme cases

Who is the judge for such criteria?
Original post by theunitedGOAT
The death penalty shouldn't be used on murderers, it should be used on terrorists

Define terrorists, does Nelson Mandela qualify for death?
I'm seeing the logic of 'killing someone who has killed makes us as bad as they are', in which case that means imprisoning a kidnapper is also wrong and we should let them all go, while thieves should be allowed to keep their possessions.

We don't let murderers go so how do you jump to your stupid conclusions?
HAHAHA oh dear. A lawyer comitting fraud.

So much for being a lawyer - you spent weeks trying to start an argument, and end up being the one shown up. Bodes well for the future.

There you go again, talking about more crimes you don't understand.

1. I didn't start the argument, I simply pointed out you were wrong and you chose to start arguing something you don't understand.
2. I haven't been shown up...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Judges who judge based on a certain criteria...in my view, death penalty is only to be used in cases where one might still have some sort of negative influence, even when locked behind bars...such as terrorist leaders.
Original post by dozyrosie
We don't let murderers go so how do you jump to your stupid conclusions?

I didn't say we let murderers go, and you're the one throwing around the worst 'stupid' and being abusive on the internet. This always works out well.

There you go again, talking about more crimes you don't understand.

1. I didn't start the argument, I simply pointed out you were wrong and you chose to start arguing something you don't understand.
2. I haven't been shown up...

Posted from TSR Mobile

For goodness sake why are you still quoting me? 22-year-old keyboard warrior 'lawyer'. :lol:
I didn't say we let murderers go, and you're the one throwing around the worst 'stupid' and being abusive on the internet. This always works out well.

For goodness sake why are you still quoting me? 22-year-old keyboard warrior 'lawyer'. :lol:

It's funny that nowhere have I claimed to be a lawyer...

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's funny that nowhere have I claimed to be a lawyer...

Posted from TSR Mobile

And another quote.

It was long ago now that your only response was a spelling correction, yet you're still trying to claw something back from this disaster.
. :lol:

Surely you are saying that if we do not execute murderers, that would be tantamount to not imprisoning kidnappers and allowing burglars the spoils of their crimes. Sounds like pretty muddled up thinking to me. Murderers in Britain are not executed but they are punished according to the law. I doubt that there has ever been a time when ALL murderers were executed.
Surely you are saying that if we do not execute murderers, that would be tantamount to not imprisoning kidnappers and allowing burglars the spoils of their crimes. Sounds like pretty muddled up thinking to me. Murderers in Britain are not executed but they are punished according to the law. I doubt that there has ever been a time when ALL murderers were executed.

I don't recall saying that, and it's certainly not my belief.
Reply 337
This is a very sensitive and complex topic. I personally think the whole system should be redone by a bunch of really smart people over a long period of time.
I don't recall saying that, and it's certainly not my belief.

(Original post by ozzyoscy)
I'm seeing the logic of 'killing someone who has killed makes us as bad as they are', in which case that means imprisoning a kidnapper is also wrong and we should let them all go, while thieves should be allowed to keep their possessions.

What else does this mean?
(Original post by ozzyoscy)

What else does this mean?

That I'm seeing the logic of 'killing someone who has killed makes us as bad as they are', in which case that means imprisoning a kidnapper is also wrong and we should let them all go, while thieves should be allowed to keep their possessions.

Latest

Trending

Trending