The Student Room Group

AS-Level cramming techniques?

Im doing my AS-Level in about 4 days and i'm coming to the slow conclusion that I am so prepared for my first exam economics but when I look past the second I put my pen down after that paper, I can feel it is just going to be a blur of sheer fear that I literally have done no recent revision for my next exams! For GCSEs the exact same thing happened but luckily i'm a expert crammer so managed to still get good results. However I really feel as though for A levels cramming just isn't going to work as there is too much to learn in too little time. I have done revision for mocks and end of topic tests and I have been doing okay so far but I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or advice from past experience for cramming for these kinds of exams?
Ps. I am doing the new linear courses so I have to learn all of my biology syllabus for both papers so any specifically for biology will also be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
:smile:
Feeling similar to you, feel quite good for my first two exams, but the other two after that I have barely revised for, personally, just go over your weakest areas,videos and do some past Papers (3 for each subject)
Original post by lolanewbury
Im doing my AS-Level in about 4 days and i'm coming to the slow conclusion that I am so prepared for my first exam economics but when I look past the second I put my pen down after that paper, I can feel it is just going to be a blur of sheer fear that I literally have done no recent revision for my next exams! For GCSEs the exact same thing happened but luckily i'm a expert crammer so managed to still get good results. However I really feel as though for A levels cramming just isn't going to work as there is too much to learn in too little time. I have done revision for mocks and end of topic tests and I have been doing okay so far but I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or advice from past experience for cramming for these kinds of exams?
Ps. I am doing the new linear courses so I have to learn all of my biology syllabus for both papers so any specifically for biology will also be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

I'm feeling the same. My exams are split into 3 weeks, 5 in week 1, 3 in week 2 and 1 in week 3.
Every weekend i am dedicating my time to annotating all of the specifications for that weeks exams and then the night before the exam I'm annotating 2 past papers and reading examiners reports. This is probably the quickest way to revise and it's pretty effective.
Reply 3
Original post by lolanewbury
Thanks

How much of biology do you know and do you also do chemistry?
Reply 4
Original post by Ice-cube
How much of biology do you know and do you also do chemistry?

I know mass transport, Nucleic acids, Biological molecules, and biodiversity quite thoroughly, the rest I have done end of topic tests on and the mocks but I just havent had the time to go over them!
Yes, I do chemistry as well
Reply 5
Original post by Bruce267099
I'm feeling the same. My exams are split into 3 weeks, 5 in week 1, 3 in week 2 and 1 in week 3.
Every weekend i am dedicating my time to annotating all of the specifications for that weeks exams and then the night before the exam I'm annotating 2 past papers and reading examiners reports. This is probably the quickest way to revise and it's pretty effective.

Okay! thank you very much I did this for economics and it seemed to work quite well!
Thanks again,
good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest