The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Transport to the university of exeter

Hi! I am a Romanian student and I was wondering if anyone could give me some pieces of advice regarding the best means of transport to the university of exeter in my case. I found a flight from Romania to Exeter with a stopover in Amsterdam. But i do not know if this is the best option. Any suggestions? And also, what could I use in order to reach the campus afterwards: train, bus, undergound? Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Hi and welcome. I'm a current Exeter student once you arrive at Exeter Airport there is a shuttle-bus service which connects to Exeter St David's train station (the station nearest campus) and from here public buses (route H and D) both run up the hill to the campus.

During term time the Uni also operates a free mini-bus service from Exeter St David's to both Streatham and St Luke's campus. This departs from outside the student accommodation at St David's (Red brick buildings to the right front of the station as you look from the exit - beyond the taxi rank). This runs until 10.30am Mon-Fri throughout term.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Kel80
Hi and welcome. I'm a current Exeter student once you arrive at Exeter Airport there is a shuttle-bus service which connects to Exeter St David's train station (the station nearest campus) and from here public buses (route H and D) both run up the hill to the campus.

During term time the Uni also operates a free mini-bus service from Exeter St David's to both Streatham and St Luke's campus. This departs from outside the student accommodation at St David's (Red brick buildings to the right front of the station as you look from the exit - beyond the taxi rank). This runs until 10.30am Mon-Fri throughout term.

Thank you so much! Is this shuttle-bus service also working at nighttime? Because, according to my ticket, I will land in Exeter somewhere around midnight.
Original post by Diana Jalea
Thank you so much! Is this shuttle-bus service also working at nighttime? Because, according to my ticket, I will land in Exeter somewhere around midnight.

Not sure if thats accurate. Dont think Exeter airport is open that long. Last bus is at around 10-11pm and i've had to catch it knowing it was the last one when my flight landed unusually late.
Reply 4
Original post by QuentinM
Not sure if thats accurate. Dont think Exeter airport is open that long. Last bus is at around 10-11pm and i've had to catch it knowing it was the last one when my flight landed unusually late.

Would it be a viable solution to take a cab to the university? Or would it be exorbitant? And do you happen to know if there is any accommodation available around the airport? Because i am starting to consider the alternative of sleeping at a hotel and going to the campus the next day.
Original post by Diana Jalea
Would it be a viable solution to take a cab to the university? Or would it be exorbitant? And do you happen to know if there is any accommodation available around the airport? Because i am starting to consider the alternative of sleeping at a hotel and going to the campus the next day.

I dont remember there being something next to the hotel but i will check. Cabs are around £20 to and from the airport iirc, that should be all the way to campus.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending