The Student Room Group

English LIT exam next monday. NO REVISION DONE! HELP

I have both my English LIT exams next week (aqa) and I've done absolutely no revsion at all. I don't even know where to start...

first exam is TKAM and AIC
second exam is poem (relationship cluster)

I'll be happy with an overall A.

I managed to get an A* in the coursework.

How do you guys revise LIT?
Original post by Federerr
I have both my English LIT exams next week (aqa) and I've done absolutely no revsion at all. I don't even know where to start...

I've done nothing either. You have an A* in the coursework, I only have a B so you aren't screwed.
Reply 2
Original post by Jamie Vardy
I've done nothing either. You have an A* in the coursework, I only have a B so you aren't screwed.

TBH coursework is only 25%.

I only scrapped the A* luckily the boundaries dropped for me.

It was 36/40 to get an A* last year it dropped this year to 35 which is exactly what I got :smile:

BTW do you plan on doing any LIT revision? If so what? I'm most probably gonna cram random BS on the weekend.
Get yourself onto GCSE Bitesize and revise only the areas that you find more challenging. Do NOT revise for everything, remember only key information, because you do not have time to do major revision.
Most of all, ensure that you know all of the language features that you have covered in class, but also how they are used by the writer of the text to engage the reader.
And practice using PEED, which is Point, Evidence, Explanation and Development.
Remember key quotations from the texts that you are being examined on to support your answers.
TBH coursework is only 25%.

I only scrapped the A* luckily the boundaries dropped for me.

It was 36/40 to get an A* last year it dropped this year to 35 which is exactly what I got :smile:

BTW do you plan on doing any LIT revision? If so what? I'm most probably gonna cram random BS on the weekend.

I'm cramming just like you. I need to concentrate on this week's exams. Just finished R.E. about an hour ago.
Reply 5
I'm cramming just like you. I need to concentrate on this week's exams. Just finished R.E. about an hour ago.

Oh yeh! Hopefully you get a good grade :smile:

I'm ATM bunking school doing some spanish and chemistry revision.

The grade boundaries are proper high for R.E. though; it's like 67/84 for a B.

For Spanish, I cannot be bothered doing revision for (I'm **** at listening but good at reading). Have you got a Biology exam tomorrow?
Reply 7
The grade boundaries are proper high for R.E. though; it's like 67/84 for a B.

For Spanish, I cannot be bothered doing revision for (I'm **** at listening but good at reading). Have you got a Biology exam tomorrow?

I heard getting an A* in RE is like 96% or something. I was on the verge of choosing it. Lucky I didn't, I chose geography instead and it's so easy. Hopefully they don't **** me over in the exam tho.

Bruh I got 2 U's in my spanish mocks for reading and listening but still got a C cuz my course work is one of the highest A*s all added together.

Anyways i've been doing the memrise course for spanish and i've learned 500 words in the space of a week. I did 3 papers the other day on reading I got 2 B's and an A. So hopefully I can get a B in the exam which will average my grade to an A with my coursework.

Idk what to do for listening tho. My school uses some shittey speakers and you can't here a thing...

I did core science last year so no I don't have an exam. All my science exams are this time next month which im really happy about.
I heard getting an A* in RE is like 96% or something. I was on the verge of choosing it. Lucky I didn't, I chose geography instead and it's so easy. Hopefully they don't **** me over in the exam tho.

Bruh I got 2 U's in my spanish mocks for reading and listening but still got a C cuz my course work is one of the highest A*s all added together.

Anyways i've been doing the memrise course for spanish and i've learned 500 words in the space of a week. I did 3 papers the other day on reading I got 2 B's and an A. So hopefully I can get a B in the exam which will average my grade to an A with my coursework.

Idk what to do for listening tho. My school uses some shittey speakers and you can't here a thing...

I did core science last year so no I don't have an exam. All my science exams are this time next month which im really happy about.

I got forced to do R.E.! I do Geography as well, which I find solid! Got the Physical Geography exam next week and I haven't revised!

You're lucky to have completed your Core Science exams! (Any advice for B1?)

:wink: ok , well i hope you get a good result , good luck and do say what u got pleze?

how are you ?
:smile:
Reply 10
I got forced to do R.E.! I do Geography as well, which I find solid! Got the Physical Geography exam next week and I haven't revised!

You're lucky to have completed your Core Science exams! (Any advice for B1?)

I don't mean to brag but, I've never revised for a geography exam in my life and I haven't got anything below an A*. The concept of geography is just easy to grasp hold off. Hopefully what I said just now doesn't jinx it.

I'm off to the library right now to mess around with a couple of mates and hopefully 'revise for maths and geography'

B1 = SPECIFICATION.

I didn't know a specification existed for B1 and I managed to get an A with a average of 45/60 each paper. Now for B2 & B3 I revise by solely using the spec. I now get high 50's in the exams. Spec is great to refine knowledge and it's direct to the point. Most textbooks add some unnecessary bs. Also helps when making flashcard/notes.
Reply 11
Original post by Ria25
:wink: ok , well i hope you get a good result , good luck and do say what u got pleze?

how are you ?
:smile:

Thanks :smile: I'll let you know what I get in my exams (if I can remember :redface:)

I'm great thanks! WBU?
Reply 12
Are you doing the edexcel english lit?
Reply 13

Make notes for all the characters in themes in TKAM. Remember where the important parts of the book are and make sure you can find them easily and quickly.

For AIC, these might help:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQovVw7yuGiLoPbnOHf5Stxx95vZ3tlo2
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqGFsWf-P-cDvuiSH8SycEDh1Ugke9tmb
Thanks :smile: I'll let you know what I get in my exams (if I can remember :redface:)

I'm great thanks! WBU?

ok sure , yeah im good , just had a app , you ?

Quick Reply

Latest