The Student Room Group

Economics AS AQA exam tomorrow 16/05/2016

hey how prepared do you guys feel for economics tomorrow?
I still need to go over market failure and government intervention.
Also what topics do you guys predict? I think market failure and the topic on production/economies of scale

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by cathartic
Also what topics do you guys predict? I think market failure and the topic on production/economies of scale

hmmm... I am not prepared for market failure and gov intervention but feeling confident about macro next week! I have no idea what will come up, just hoping its a nice paper haha!
Reply 2
Original post by cathartic

Nowhere near ready! Well for anything tbf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I have mine tomorrow, but I'm with Edexcel.

I think I'm ready but I don't know much about govt failure and market failure :biggrin:

Also timing is terrible. I haven't managed to complete a single practice paper in the time given. I'm about 10min over currently.
Reply 4
Original post by stormyy
Nowhere near ready! Well for anything tbf

Posted from TSR Mobile

same most of my exams are going to be night before revision
I have OCR economics on Monday, if any of you need any help, message me or reply. It'll help with my revision too! Thanks :biggrin:
What are the main things we need to know for Edexcel tomorrow? also, is their an Essay question towards the end?, just need to go over some things today such as Labour market and Government intervention in a externalities generated Market as well as XED and PES, but yeah, I feel decent for tomorrow (it's like the only exam I have actually done real revision for xD)
Reply 7
Well the 25 mark question is gonna be on market failure and government intervention so u should revise for that. Hope it's an easy paper tomorrow 😁
Is that for Edexcel?
As long as we have a nice 25 marker on market failure, like negative/ positive consumption in food or negative production on pollution it will go well. Ive seen past papers on speed cameras, mobile phones and tuition fees and I dont want that.
For edexcel: Section A has 20 marks of shorter questions, Section B is made up of a 4, 5, 6, 10, 15 and 20 mark question, totalling 60 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any ways to remember if demand is elastic or inelastic?
Didn't economies of scale come up in june 15, so I doubt it will come up this year
Reply 13
Original post by Nimrahk123

It depends if you are talking in terms of what it looks like on the graph. For example if the Demand curve is steep it will be fairly Inelastic. And if the demand curve is quite shallow it will be fairly elastic. An easy way to remember it is that a steep curve looks like an I (which is the first letter of Inelastic). And then you'll know the other one is elastic.

But if you are talking in terms of numbers after calculations then if the number is <1 it will be inelastic. If it's >1 then its elastic. And a (+) will mean its a normal good, therefore a (-) is a inferior good. Hope that helps, i'm just revising elasticity now xD
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nik12
It depends if you are talking in terms of what it looks like on the graph. For example if the Demand curve is steep it will be fairly Inelastic. And if the demand curve is quite shallow it will be fairly elastic. An easy way to remember it is that a steep curve looks like an I (which is the first letter of Inelastic). And then you'll know the other one is elastic.

But if you are talking in terms of numbers after calculations then if the number is <1 it will be inelastic. If it's less than >1 then its elastic. And a (+) will mean its a normal good, therefore a (-) is a inferior good. Hope that helps, i'm just revising elasticity now xD

Thank you, help a lot 😊
Have you guys done your multiple choice questions?
Reply 16
Original post by alibaba124
Have you guys done your multiple choice questions?

No not all :frown: have you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Nimrahk123

NASBIT framework from uplearn.co.uk
Hey edexcel kids! How are you feeling about your revision?
Reply 19
Original post by Nik12

But if you are talking in terms of numbers after calculations then if the number is <1 it will be inelastic. If it's >1 then its elastic. And a (+) will mean its a normal good, therefore a (-) is a inferior good. Hope that helps, i'm just revising elasticity now xD

The + and - is only for income elasticity of demand I swear?? (Well that's what I've learn't doing AQA)

Quick Reply