The Student Room Group

does your other half go on facebook?

my boyfriend has my password and he goes on my account, he just says he does it to see which guys chat me up but i dont know if he does it bc he doesnt trust me or something, he tells me he trusts me and tells me am his girl for life ans stuff but like why would he go on fb? i honestly dont mind if he goes on it, he lets me talk to other guys and isnt that possessive over me but if theres a guy flirting with me he tells me to block them which is understandable. i havnt asked for his, i dont want it i want him to feel like i can trust him which i do but he didnt give me his when i gave him mine.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i cant edit the title bc its anon but it was meant to say 'does your other half go on your facebook' :facepalm:
Reply 2
Quite simply, no, my boyfriend doesn't because he trusts me and sees no need to.

Alarm bells would be ringing in my head in your situation. If he trusts you, why does he snoop on your Facebook? It's not trust at all.
Reply 3
It is quite normal. isn't it? It's probably because he cares about you and loves you, that's why I asked for my girlfriend's too. Ask him for his password and if he refuses tell him although you trust him, it feels like he's hiding something. So yeah, its normal to go on your loved one's fb.
Reply 4
Original post by Airmed
Quite simply, no, my boyfriend doesn't because he trusts me and sees no need to.

Alarm bells would be ringing in my head in your situation. If he trusts you, why does he snoop on your Facebook? It's not trust at all.

well he said he likes to see all the gossip on my account,
Reply 5
Original post by K2G
It is quite normal. isn't it? It's probably because he cares about you and loves you, that's why I asked for my girlfriend's too. Ask him for his password and if he refuses tell him although you trust him, it feels like he's hiding something. So yeah, its normal to go on your loved one's fb.

thats fine, thanks for your post made me feel more reasurred. i dont want to ask him bc i feel like he doesnt owe me his password and itll put him on the spot, its his privacy and stuff. i honestly dont min if he goes on it but there was a bit of doubt.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
well he said he likes to see all the gossip on my account,

You can tell him the gossip yourself. I don't think he needs to have constant access to your account.
Reply 7
thats fine, thanks for your post made me feel more reasurred. i dont want to ask him bc i feel like he doesnt owe me his password and itll put him on the spot, its his privacy and stuff. i honestly dont min if he goes on it but there was a bit of doubt.

So you won't ask him for his password for privacy but he's allowed yours? Where's your privacy then?

Relationships are a two way street.
Reply 8

I don't think there's anything to doubt. I trusted my girl with my life but I still wanted to see if anyone messaged her in a certain way. (flirting etc.) because she wouldn't tell me thinking I'd start a fight.
The whole process of going onto your SO's facebook to search through their messages shows a complete lack of trust imo
He shouldn't be going into your facebook account without you permission. Change your password so that he cannot access it. If he truly loves you, he will not mind not accessing your account. If he insists on seeing in it, then he is a nosey parker and you should dump him.
when you dont have another half......:redface:
'Other half' :puke:
Original post by ForestShadow
when you dont have another half......:redface:

damnit i cant rep you :frown: x
Original post by sfaraj
damnit i cant rep you :frown: x

well if it isnt my best

awwww thank you, Ill rer your reply to make you feel worse :biggrin:
Personally I think thats private! I'd never ask for any of my boyfriend's info- and I'd be shocked if he asked for mine! Try and explain it's your account and he should trust you
Original post by K2G
I don't think there's anything to doubt. I trusted my girl with my life but I still wanted to see if anyone messaged her in a certain way. (flirting etc.) because she wouldn't tell me thinking I'd start a fight.

yeah thats why he said he does it, 'so he can see which guys try to flirt with me'
yeah thats why he said he does it, 'so he can see which guys try to flirt with me'

Yeah that's utter horse****, he does it because he doesn't trust you, he's just too spineless to admit it.

But even if that was the case, that'd make him veeery insecure, as he needs reassurance that you don't respond to them in the same manor.
(edited 7 years ago)

That's completely ridiculous, it's because he doesn't trust you. For one thing it doesn't matter if they flirt with you, it's whether or not you flirt back - and he clearly doesn't trust you as he doesn't believe you have the restraint to not flirt back. Secondly it's a complete breach of privacy, especially as you think it's wrong for you to have his.
my boyfriend has my password and he goes on my account, he just says he does it to see which guys chat me up but i dont know if he does it bc he doesnt trust me or something, he tells me he trusts me and tells me am his girl for life ans stuff but like why would he go on fb? i honestly dont mind if he goes on it, he lets me talk to other guys and isnt that possessive over me but if theres a guy flirting with me he tells me to block them which is understandable. i havnt asked for his, i dont want it i want him to feel like i can trust him which i do but he didnt give me his when i gave him mine.

Sounds like a tosspot for doing what he's doing. If I were you, I'd bring it up with him (the real thing I would do is to just leave straight away, because what he's doing is not okay) and change your password/stop him from accessing it. It'd cause problems but :dontknow: I don't think you should go on as you are - it sounds like you could be doing better.

Quick Reply

Latest