The Student Room Group

Economics AS AQA exam tomorrow 16/05/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reaver Daniels
You guys know that for the new spec (not sure about the old spec) you are capped at level 4 if you don't have a conclusion, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh no. How many marks is level 4? I just put something like overall I think there should be regulation because...

Is that a conclusion or no?
Reply 161
Original post by Desert_fox15
Yes in thousands, I usually get 4/4 by simply doing an overall and peak, so for overall I state that quantity A was at this much in ... and increased/decreased to .... in ..., on the other hand quantity B was at.... and so forth for my overall and then just compare the peaks.

I felt you had to go for the 'overall change' point because there were two identical troughs, each associated with a separate year.
Reply 162
What did people get for the MPC, which had one of the options with '
QRST, QRST minus something..', RSTY etc?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SANTR
What did people get for the MPC, which had one of the options with '
QRST, QRST minus something..', RSTY etc?

i put the first one but have no idea if that was right...
Reply 164
What did people get on the new spec multiple choice for the like size of the monopoly or something?

I put A which was like RSTY or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was that the coordinates for the 'larger triangle'?
Reply 165
Original post by Beccatenney
i put the first one but have no idea if that was right...

Was that the coordinates for the "larger triangle" of the "two"?
What did people get on the new spec multiple choice for the like size of the monopoly or something?

I put A which was like RSTY or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put D down, it was asking about what the net revenue would be I believe or something along those lines, so I worked out that you lost one rectangle worth of revenue and gained a larger one, so I said D which was the larger rectangle minus the smaller one.
The answer was D - it was one area minus another area.
Was the per unit tax one like P1 to P2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

F-E2 I believe as its the vertical distance between the 2 supply curves, with the actual price change being only the part of the tax that consumers have to pay for.
Reply 169
Original post by Desert_fox15
F-E2 I believe as its the vertical distance between the 2 supply curves, with the actual price change being only the part of the tax that consumers have to pay for.

Yh, I recall the textbook saying the 'tax per unit' is the 'vertical distance' between the two supply curves.
Also, the difference in price would represent the tax paid by consumers.
Think i ****ed up calculation divided the wrong way so got 0.75/0.4 which is 1.9 then wrote out equation for definition then just talked about availability of substitues messed that question up hard everythib else alright tho wbu?
Reply 171
What did you guys get for the +0.8 price elasticity question, it was about how many units the firm would sell following the change in price?
Some of the options, were decrease - 180, or increase 240 etc.
Original post by AboutAWeekAgo
I think i messed up calculation dod 75/40 to get 1.9 but think it was supposed to be 40/75 which is 0.5 then i wrote equation out to define elasticity of supply and then talked about availability of substitutes cause if theres only a few substitutes supply will be more inelasitc messed up this question hard. Wbu?

I was on the other thread and people were saying they got +1.9 for the PES and i got +0.5... I think you were right
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 173
Original post by nayana71
I was on the other thread and people were saying they got +1.9 for the PES and i got +0.5... I think you were right

PES is 1.875 rounding to 1.9 no?
Reply 174
What did you guys get for the +0.8 price elasticity question, it was about how many units the firm would sell following the change in price?
Some of the options, were decrease - 180, or increase 240 etc..
Original post by SANTR
Some of the options, were decrease - 180, or increase 240 etc..

increase of 240 was the answer
What was the first question... Something like how firms determine price? I put B
Original post by SHJBHB
PES is 1.875 rounding to 1.9 no?

Yeah i divided the wrong way round :frown:
First question on how do consumers affect price or something , answer - B through their patterns of spending , any1 get that
Oh wait so this year there were two specs? The resits and the first AS Level 'new' batch?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending