I think it's likely to be a similar question in our exam 😀
Reply 22
Original post by Zara🎀
I think it's likely to be a similar question in our exam 😀

Alright cool! Very well noticed!!!! :wink: :smile:
Reply 23
Last year's exam was on jobs and future plans. Unlikely it would come up again
Original post by rachaelbtf
Hey I did nat 5 french in fourth year and took a break from it this year with very limited / no practise, how easy do you think it'll be for me to pick it back up? I'm worried I'll be behind the rest of the class because I'll probably be the only sixth year. I got 98% at nat 5

I did the same as you and I picked it back up in sixth year and I Am the only sixth year in my class
You'll be fine! At first I was a it lost and wondered as I couldn't remember anything but you gradually pick it up and about a month or two later I was at the same level as everyone else
So you do pick it up quite fast

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone!!!
Original post by Heatherglade
I think it'll depend on how much work you put into it. Some of the main differences between nat 5 and higher are that you can't prepare for the directed writing as much, as there are no guaranteed bullet points. For listening you have to write another essay answering questions that are usually/should be based on the listening (can't remember if this is the same for nat 5 or not). Speaking also lasts longer I think.Anyway, I think it depends on how good/supportive your department is as well. We had 6th years in our higher class this year and I think they're all predicted As or Bs. If you decide to take it, good luck :smile:
Original post by roman707
I think you'll be absolutely fine if you put full effort! I had to take French in fourth year which made me hate French and I completely blocked Nat 5 because I never expected to take French again but I had no choice in sixth year to take it again. I felt like I was completely crashing the course because I basically done Nat 5 for less than a year because I had to drop Italian at the start of 4th year because our Italian teacher went on maternity leave. So I've basically started from scratch with French and don't worry about being the only sixth year in your class I'm sure there'll be a few sixth years, there's 4 of us in our class.Also I don't believe the higher course will teach you how to speak French or understand it fluently, it's something you need to be committed to and learn the language in your own time.

Original post by nicola98
I did the same as you and I picked it back up in sixth year and I Am the only sixth year in my class
You'll be fine! At first I was a it lost and wondered as I couldn't remember anything but you gradually pick it up and about a month or two later I was at the same level as everyone else
So you do pick it up quite fast

thanks guys, hope your exam went well :smile:
Reply 27
How did everyone find it? I thought it was ok
Original post by hello129
How did everyone find it? I thought it was ok

Yeah the paper was a gift!
Reply 29
Original post by slothonist
Yeah the paper was a gift!

It was a good paper in my opinion. I thought the listening was quite hard. The two writings were quite good with good scenarios for the directed writing. Its weird because I was reading about Jennifer Lawrence just last night, coincidence is a weird thing xD
Original post by Woody4v
It was a good paper in my opinion. I thought the listening was quite hard. The two writings were quite good with good scenarios for the directed writing. Its weird because I was reading about Jennifer Lawrence just last night, coincidence is a weird thing xD

I agree, the listening could've been better but it could've been worse as well. The rest of the paper was great though! Lol that's so strange :tongue:
Reply 31
It's so weird I predicted the opinion essay would be about university and taking a gap year.
Original post by roman707
It's so weird I predicted the opinion essay would be about university and taking a gap year.

Thanks, cause I looked over my notes and learned those paragraphs after you made that comment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Does anyone have the reading and translation they can upload?
Original post by hello129
Does anyone have the reading and translation they can upload?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463420395.309825.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1463420416.143363.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Thankyou very much
Hi guys hope it all went well for you yesterday. Just wondering how much adjective misplacements(putting adjective on wrong side of the noun) would detract from a writing and what you think it would score if everything else was accurate
Reply 38
Original post by Horizons12389
Hi guys hope it all went well for you yesterday. Just wondering how much adjective misplacements(putting adjective on wrong side of the noun) would detract from a writing and what you think it would score if everything else was accurate

Hello, hope it went well for you yesterday. I feel it was a fair paper but listening was hard as usual :tongue: So, for full marks in the writing you are allowed several minor error and one major error. So if you happen to mess up one adjective placement then you can quite easily still get full marks. If you mess up quite a few adjective placements then you will probably be pegged for 8/10. However, i'm sure you done great :smile:
Yeah I felt the same with the listening,it was alright but could have been better. And thank you, that's reassuring :smile: I'm just overanalysing everything as per and I felt I had made some mistakes I usually wouldn't have but should be fine since I've got my speaking as a safety net if need be

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending