The Student Room Group

IGCSE Biology paper 1

Scroll to see replies

Biology tomorrow any ideas on what should/might come???
Any ideas based off what usually comes based on past papers and stuff
Original post by TheCe
How's revision going :smile:

Yeah its going okay, I've been revising the nervous system this morning. How about you and are you also not at school?
Original post by TheShadoWolf
Biology tomorrow any ideas on what should/might come???
Any ideas based off what usually comes based on past papers and stuff

Not sure but I have a very strong feeling that we may be asked on the eye and sexual reproduction:fisheye:
Original post by Sarah sahara
Not sure but I have a very strong feeling that we may be asked on the eye and sexual reproduction:fisheye:

Not my strongest topics but not my weakest either. I'll read upon that, thanks!!
Reply 44
Yeah its going okay, I've been revising the nervous system this morning. How about you and are you also not at school?

yep I'm on leave :wink:

Revision's going okay, I just want to make sure the exam goes awesome :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Not my strongest topics but not my weakest either. I'll read upon that, thanks!!

Anytime:smile: and maybe reproduction of plants too:h:
Original post by TheCe
yep I'm on leave :wink:

Revision's going okay, I just want to make sure the exam goes awesome :smile:

Yeah same, I've worked so hard on my biology because I want to take it at A level so lets just hope that tomorrows exam is kind to us all:lazy:
[QUOTE=Sarah sahara;64848267]Anytime:smile: and maybe reproduction of plants too:h:

Now that is my weakest topic which I have been studying (loosely) for. Dreading it and hoping it doesn't who
Now that is my weakest topic which I have been studying (loosely) for. Dreading it and hoping it doesn't who

Its what I'm studying now. I drew out an insect pollinated flower and a wind pollinated flower so that it is easier for me to understand. Basically If you are doing edexcel, you do not need to learn germination for this exam. Learn the differences between the two (insect vs wind) and the advantages of asexual and sexual reproduction. Thats it! :ahee:
[QUOTE=Sarah sahara;64849099]Its what I'm studying now. I drew out an insect pollinated flower and a wind pollinated flower so that it is easier for me to understand. Basically If you are doing edexcel, you do not need to learn germination for this exam. Learn the differences between the two (insect vs wind) and the advantages of asexual and sexual reproduction. Thats it! :ahee:

Cool beans👍 looks like I'm burning the midnight oil tonight
Reply 50
Yeah same, I've worked so hard on my biology because I want to take it at A level so lets just hope that tomorrows exam is kind to us all:lazy:

haha hopefully. Really want to smash it tbh
Cool beans👍 looks like I'm burning the midnight oil tonight

You are not alone.
Original post by TheCe
haha hopefully. Really want to smash it tbh

Yeah same #A'sbeforebeas
Reply 53
Yeah same #A'sbeforebeas

Actually #A*sbeforea's :biggrin:
Original post by TheCe
Actually #A*sbeforea's :biggrin:

Oh definitely!! ahaha Oh it will all be worth it in the future:colondollar:
Reply 55
Oh definitely!! ahaha Oh it will all be worth it in the future:colondollar:

Which uni do you want to get in :tongue:
Original post by TheCe
Which uni do you want to get in :tongue:

Just depends on what I study. I'm torn between marine biology and medicine. What about you?
Reply 57
Just depends on what I study. I'm torn between marine biology and medicine. What about you?

Medicine is love!

How torn are you haha. As in what's the probability of you going for either course? 50 50 is it?
Original post by TheCe
Medicine is love!

How torn are you haha. As in what's the probability of you going for either course? 50 50 is it?

Just depends really. If I were to go to medical school, then I would aspire to become a plastic surgeon because.. I just like the idea of it (not that I would have it done to myself). I've done a lot of research into marine biology but I'm still not sure how much lab work is involved so at the moment 50/50. We'll just have to see. What would you specialize in?
Reply 59
Just depends really. If I were to go to medical school, then I would aspire to become a plastic surgeon because.. I just like the idea of it (not that I would have it done to myself). I've done a lot of research into marine biology but I'm still not sure how much lab work is involved so at the moment 50/50. We'll just have to see. What would you specialize in?

Sounds good :smile:

Emergency medicine, intensive care, Oncology, Anaesthsiology and Cardiology are some of the specialities I really love. Ain't deciding until after finishing uni perhaps :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending