The Student Room Group

IGCSE Biology 17th May 2016 Thread

Any predictions?

Scroll to see replies

I bet tropisms will come up.
Reply 2
What do you think we will need to know about them?
Reply 3
Do you think fish farming will?
Reply 4
Original post by daisie
Do you think fish farming will?

i hope to god not
Reply 5
Original post by SunilP_123
I bet tropisms will come up.

thats what my teacher said as well since it hasnt come up in quite a while
Reply 6
Original post by daisie
What do you think we will need to know about them?

just gotta know how the root and stem respond to the gravity and light and what do they benefit when they do. eg: positive phototropism= more light for photosynthesis
Reply 7
I think fish farming will come as it hasnt come up in 2 years, and the kidneys is another possibility. By the way, anyone here doing the ict igcse exam (practical one) this week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by igcse16
I think fish farming will come as it hasnt come up in 2 years, and the kidneys is another possibility. By the way, anyone here doing the ict igcse exam (practical one) this week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

my friends had it today
Original post by mlkef
thats what my teacher said as well since it hasnt come up in quite a while

All the more reason for it to come up....:frown:
Reply 10
All the more reason for it to come up....:frown:

if youre not confident with it, scroll up, i explained it briefly
Reply 11
How would you answer this question? It's in the 2011 paper and I'm curious how would we go about answering it:

Describe the events that follow pollination and how they lead to seed formation.
Original post by daisie
Any predictions?

How did you find it?
How did you find it?

I did awful..... The question about the genetic diagram and why a protein wouldn't work with a mutation
Original post by MovedMasterMike
I did awful..... The question about the genetic diagram and why a protein wouldn't work with a mutation

What q are u talking about? "Protein wouldnt work with a mutation" Where was that?
Original post by MovedMasterMike

Are you sure u sat the iGCSE exam and not the regular GCSE
Original post by examhater44
What q are u talking about? "Protein wouldnt work with a mutation" Where was that?

You probably did a different variant.

I did OK in this paper. Not the best, but not bad. Hopefully for MCQ I got 30+, though.
Yh I'm pretty sure. Were the first questions in your paper something about partially permeable membrane and the diffusion of water is osmosis?
The first questions in my paper 42 were about the heart. I don't remember paper 22 though
i did the AQA iGCSE biology exam. Not Edexcel

Quick Reply

Latest