The Student Room Group

UCAS Extra

I havent applied anywhere yet, but if you go on UCAS and search for a course and that course has that 'later applications - extra - september 2016' thing on the course profile, does that actually mean that they still have places in Extra? Or should I phone all unis and ask?
You should definitely phone/email the uni's beforehand, I applied through ucas extra that said they have my course, but it turned out that they didn't
Reply 2
Original post by lolakirk
I havent applied anywhere yet, but if you go on UCAS and search for a course and that course has that 'later applications - extra - september 2016' thing on the course profile, does that actually mean that they still have places in Extra? Or should I phone all unis and ask?

If you haven't applied at all then you don't use Extra. Just apply normally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by jneill
If you haven't applied at all then you don't use Extra. Just apply normally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah i know, I was just asking whether if the course profile on UCAS says 'extra' then does that mean they definitely still have places so i can apply normally.
Reply 4
Original post by loveleest
You should definitely phone/email the uni's beforehand, I applied through ucas extra that said they have my course, but it turned out that they didn't

Omg thats so annoying. I will definitely call them now!
Reply 5
Original post by lolakirk
Yeah i know, I was just asking whether if the course profile on UCAS says 'extra' then does that mean they definitely still have places so i can apply normally.

It's best to call and check.

Quick Reply