The Student Room Group

Need your opinions on this.

So.. my first YouTube video is ready and complete. I will be uploading it on Friday.
It compares western(british) people to arab(algerian) people in a short comedy video.

I plan to do many different types of videos that aren't just based on arabs or culture etc.

Do you think I should change my YouTube name based on the fact I plan on doing many different types of videos ? Or is "That Arab Guy" fine as is.

I like the name "That Arab Guy" but I was wondering if some audiences wouldn't be interested as they might assume my content is just to do with Arabs.

Maybe I'm over thinking this ? Tell me what you think. Thanks.
Reply 1
are the the next adam saleh?
Your username is fine. What issues would you be discussing?
Original post by loveleest

So my first video is Arabs vs Westerns showing differences etc.
My next video will probably be a part 2.
Then I also have plans to make videos such as parody videos and pranks and whatever. Basically my videos won't be limited to a particular genre.

Original post by mkap

No, I'm me.
I think it's a good username, very catchy!
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I think it's a good username, very catchy!

Allright I'll keep it :biggrin:
Reply 6
Ok.

Well, firstly. The comedy. In it, what are you discussing? Freedom, liberties and/or just general divisions in and amongst these two types of cultures. Cultural divides between east and west. I guess you could talk about religion. In fact, religion often impacts culture.It certainly seems to be the case in Islam for instance. But then again, that's based on your personal viewpoint- if you're religious or not how you as an arab guy perceive religious thinking.

When you talk about audiences. You shouldn't be focused on getting everyone interested. Not everyone will be. Have a focus. A niche. 'That arab guy' to my mind is quite specific. I think of mainly only arab culture. East in the sense of countries like Yemen, Egypt, Algeria etc. Bear in mind that african countries that we don't immediately consider arab, eg angola, sudan, kenya may share the same values of family etc. So my point is have a clear focus on what you want and who you want to reach out to. Because for instance, when I look at a funny youtube video looking at arab culture and western links, I watch it to learn more about the culture, but in terms of the funniness of it. The humour- I don't really find it funny. So I'm isolated in that sense as a member of the audience. Is the purpose of your videos to highlight and inform people or just to make people laugh or a combination of the two.

Hope that helped somehow. Or maybe I was just being OTT.

:P
Reply 7
Original post by mkap

I see the excitement in your eyes as you type this.
it sounds kl leave it
Original post by That Arab Guy
So my first video is Arabs vs Westerns showing differences etc.
My next video will probably be a part 2.
Then I also have plans to make videos such as parody videos and pranks and whatever. Basically my videos won't be limited to a particular genre.

No, I'm me.

Arabs
-> Kill homosexuality because muslim laws
-> Flood Europe and not respect our views

Western
-> Liberal
-> Flood everyone else and people think we coloning their country

There's a few suggestions
Reply 10
Original post by K2G
I see the excitement in your eyes as you type this.

adam saleh is bar, i love his videos lol :fan:
Original post by loveleest

clear ur inbox i wanna pm u smthn real quick
Original post by That Arab Guy
clear ur inbox i wanna pm u smthn real quick

cleared x

Quick Reply

Latest