The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA paper 1- revision

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone find it?
Original post by Amyherdman
How did everyone find it?

Not too bad, struggled on the 12 marker on working memory. What did you guys put?
I don't really know what to think of that paper - the Strange Situation 12 marker was really good, but I had no idea for the working memory one - just gave a vague description of what the model involved and said about Baddeley's dual task study. Not really sure what they wanted :/
stop discussing it, it only makes it worse because people can raise grade boundaries because they know all the questions
Original post by jackthb
stop discussing it, it only makes it worse because people can raise grade boundaries because they know all the questions

How? Everyone has already sat the paper?
Original post by electrahearts
I don't really know what to think of that paper - the Strange Situation 12 marker was really good, but I had no idea for the working memory one - just gave a vague description of what the model involved and said about Baddeley's dual task study. Not really sure what they wanted :/

Original post by Cba_for_exams
Not too bad, struggled on the 12 marker on working memory. What did you guys put?

AO1's
- STM is split into separate component
- Central executive/ phonological loop
- Viscospacial scratchpad/ episodic buffer
- Windows example
- astriek study

AO3's
- astriek conclusion
- lacks ecological validity
- lab study = reliable
- kf study conclusion
- kf is a case study
- know the least about Central executive
AO1's
- STM is split into separate component
- Central executive/ phonological loop
- Viscospacial scratchpad/ episodic buffer
- Windows example
- astriek study

AO3's
- astriek conclusion
- lacks ecological validity
- lab study = reliable
- kf study conclusion
- kf is a case study
- know the least about Central executive

This is v helpful! I think I put most of these so hopefully it's ok
How? Everyone has already sat the paper?

aqa is an international company, the exam is done world wide, but not always at the same time. this means that international students can find the questions, or if a student is in isolation, as they have a clash with exam times. both unlikely circumstances, but not a chance anyone should be willing to take.
Original post by magnusbane1
Hey- the days of exams are nearly upon us!

here are my last minute notes i typed up on:
Social Influence,
Memory,
Attachment,

don't know if they will be useful to anyone, and yes i know there are a few mistakes. Please feel free to ask me any questions about them! x Also i have a few biology notes typed up in this style, if anyone wants me to post them then inbox moi.

GOOD LUCK :smile:

Hiya, just wondering if you have notes similar to these for paper 2 (research methods, psychopathology and approaches)
I found it pretty easy but then again I always thought the mark schemes were a bit iffy on questions so not too sure how ill do
I wish they can be easy on us since its a knew paper😔 but its A-LEVELS we have to expect the unexpected
Original post by laurenayersx
Hiya, just wondering if you have notes similar to these for paper 2 (research methods, psychopathology and approaches)

only got approaches atm will upload psychopathology on here tomorrow, and i've not bothered to type research methods as i feel it would be too time consuming and its easier to simply read through it remember how to do the sign test though!
and here is the final topic: psychopathology woooo

good luck to everyone for paper 2 and for the rest of your exams!
:smile:

You are a life saver, do you have anything on the sign test? Or anyone? I really dont get it at all😁Ahh...
Thankyouuu

these have been so useful. thank u!! (love the user btw)
Original post by rajneetk
That's what my teacher said too lmao
I attached an image of the 'mark scheme' our teachers gave us :smile: so yeah about 80% to get an A-

Now I feel doomed
guys got any predictions for the A-level paper 1?
Welp, reading your accounts and preparations makes me sad that my year doesn't get to participate in that.
We are being handed grades which are subjective and are not as equal as yours :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending