The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology AS Monday 16th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MeganSaffron
I'm probably sounding so stupid now but this won't affect me will it? Because I'm retaking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It shouldn't. Im not 100% sure. I know for economics if you were retaking you did the old spec/ old paper. So im guessing its the same for Psychology?
Original post by clairebear101
Thats nothing like we we have been told and the head of our department was who wrote the ocr book...gd luck.

What have you been told??
i dont really understand this thread, is it g541 ocr as retake? if so, how did you find the exam? my entire class thought it was horrible, and really weird???
omg i thought it was really weird as well ! section B was really confusing, did you put men and women as the IV? the only question which i found hard to actually write was the one tailed hypothesis, as they've never put that on a paper before (they've only used null and alternative in general!). i still wrote that men would do better on the true and false questions but i added it at the end (in brackets) of a regular alternative hypothesis; don't know if I'll get any marks for it! anyway, i think the 10 marker was quite nice actually, and I can't have done worse than last year where i got a c! what did you struggle with on the paper?
Reply 44
Just wanted to see how anyone found this exam and if there are any answers for questions you might have.
Reply 45
Original post by elisasophia
omg i thought it was really weird as well ! section B was really confusing, did you put men and women as the IV? the only question which i found hard to actually write was the one tailed hypothesis, as they've never put that on a paper before (they've only used null and alternative in general!). i still wrote that men would do better on the true and false questions but i added it at the end (in brackets) of a regular alternative hypothesis; don't know if I'll get any marks for it! anyway, i think the 10 marker was quite nice actually, and I can't have done worse than last year where i got a c! what did you struggle with on the paper?

Wait what. I think we done different exams, was section b about loneliness and old people for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by Rtdsv
Wait what. I think we done different exams, was section b about loneliness and old people for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they did the resit i think

We did the new spec. How did you find it? the format of questions was different to the speciment paper (they included those 6 markers). I found section A fine with some concerns about the criterion/construct vailidty question and also the 'where do the calculations go : discussion, results, abstract, appendicies'.

The section B is ok but i hated the fact they chose the old people and loneliness because i felt like there wasnt much i could say.

Section c was easy apart from drawing the piechart where we had to do it free hand and also the question about '2 conclusions from the corridor study'
Original post by elisasophia

I hated the 10 maker so much! I didn't finish it meaning I've lost 10 markers on the paper 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did awful!! I got so confused on section B that I think I lost all my marks there :frown:
Section C contained a trick question about the finding Mode when there was none...or if not...I've messed up BADLY :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LenniesRabbit
Section C contained a trick question about the finding Mode when there was none...or if not...I've messed up BADLY :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you take G541 retake? Which question? I'm worried now!!
Original post by MeganSaffron
I hated the 10 maker so much! I didn't finish it meaning I've lost 10 markers on the paper 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't like the 10 marker either you will of got some marks for it though!! It was section B that threw me off so much 😫
No sorry not retake, new spec!
Sorry I should have made that clearer
😭😭
Posted from TSR Mobile
Omgggg I hated that paper! What did anyone write for the section B and what design was it? I was tempted to write a quasi experiment but that wasn't a design!!! Did I read the question wrong?!
Hang on, what question was that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hang on, what question was that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was the first question on section B it asked for the design then went into the strengths and weaknesses of lab experiments
....I think we have done two different exams! Section B for me was a study of the elderly

Posted from TSR Mobile
new spec psychology exam was supprisingly easy, expecting 90+ ums at minimum:biggrin:
Original post by Maisiejolli
Omgggg I hated that paper! What did anyone write for the section B and what design was it? I was tempted to write a quasi experiment but that wasn't a design!!! Did I read the question wrong?!

which paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

there was a clear modal value..

Quick Reply

Latest