The Student Room Group

AQA - Sociology GCSE Paper 2016 - Predictions

Scroll to see replies

Goooood luck guys!!!
Let it begin..😫
Good luck you're all gonna do great
Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just did the exam and to be honest I thought it was quite easy, what did everyone else think?
Original post by GCSEstudentt
Just did the exam and to be honest I thought it was quite easy, what did everyone else think?

Same, I really ****ed up on the education essay but definitely did well on the family essay. Generally, the paper was alright probably 60/70MARKS A/A*
Original post by TSAntidote
Same, I really ****ed up on the education essay but definitely did well on the family essay. Generally, the paper was alright probably 60/70MARKS A/A*

I liked the 12 mark questions and idk I felt like I knew the answer to every question but I'm not sure if I developed them that well
Reply 66
Ahh I loved that paper so much! I thought the 12 markers were all quite nice and the only questions I wasn't really confident on was the social mobility one and the government education policy
Reply 67
Most of it was quite good, I liked the 12 markers. Although I did find the education unit hard, overall it was alright, could have been worse
Reply 68

Yes, it was very easy. Everyone i asked at school said they also found it easy. The only thing is that the grade boundaries are going to be high D: . I found every single question easy, apart from 1 five marker and a bit on a four marker which i forgot to revise. Apart from that, the 1,2,4 and 12 marker questions were all soooo easy! I could have answered any 12 marker question! Although i worry that i did not write enough for them D:
Guys the paper was okay., but question

You see for education 12 marker I picked the first one where you had to speak about educational achievement

I spoke about the diferent school types pupils attend

And for against i spoke about gender/ethnicity

Is this wrong?
Reply 70
Original post by khall16
Ahh I loved that paper so much! I thought the 12 markers were all quite nice and the only questions I wasn't really confident on was the social mobility one and the government education policy

The education policy you could have talked is 1999 New Labour. It introduced EMA tot help those who are poor
Original post by Khoyes
The education policy you could have talked is 1999 New Labour. It introduced EMA tot help those who are poor

I spoke about Coalition is this correcf?
Reply 72
Original post by Khoyes

Ah nice! That's exactly what I put :smile: Although I don't think my Explain section was fantastic, so I doubt I got full marks
Reply 73
Original post by Khoyes

I talked about the action zones for failing schools
Original post by rojda
Guys the paper was okay., but question

You see for education 12 marker I picked the first one where you had to speak about educational achievement

I spoke about the diferent school types pupils attend

And for against i spoke about gender/ethnicity

Is this wrong?

Any one??????????
I thought the exam was pretty easy, what about you guys?!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by rojda
I spoke about Coalition is this correcf?

I'm not really sure :/ I only memorised the 1999 New Labour Act since they wouldn't add in a second question asking about government policies over the years. If Coalition is under some kind of act, under the specified number of years then it should be right.
I liked the 12 mark questions and idk I felt like I knew the answer to every question but I'm not sure if I developed them that well

I agree especially the 12 mark Qs :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by khall16
Ah nice! That's exactly what I put :smile: Although I don't think my Explain section was fantastic, so I doubt I got full marks

Awesome! :biggrin: Nice to see that someone else used it. Honestly, it was best to use that or curriculum 2000 in case it asks for recent years. 1999 New Labour was the best in my opinion though because what it introduced was easy to remember (EMA, Literacy and numeracy hours, University fees) although i only needed to talk about EMA really which linked to the question. I should have talked about university fees being a criticism, dang it! I don't think i wrote too much.
Reply 79
Unit 2 if anything should be ok considering that this year's exam wasn't that hard tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending