The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mina_
What did you guys put for Marcus?

The 3 behaviours were commitment, flexibility & consistency. (I only remembered consistency, oops !! :s-smilie:)
Original post by Abirella
Yes that's what I wrote too. However for flexibility I wrote he should not change his view. Would that be correct?

Yes not too flexabile beacuse that will lead to inconsistency however some felxabilty is needed
Reply 123
Original post by Bobby21231
What did people put for the minority influence and holiday question?

I said commitment so he didnt change his opinion
consistent so he kept bringing the topic up
flexibility - adapted his ideas to suit theres eg: go on the beach whilst travelling

I was a bit thrown off and didnt really know what to write tbh
what was the answer for the romanian orphanage multiple choice question?
Original post by Mina_
I said commitment so he didnt change his opinion
consistent so he kept bringing the topic up
flexibility - adapted his ideas to suit theres eg: go on the beach whilst travelling

I was a bit thrown off and didnt really know what to write tbh

Ok thanks :smile:
For Marcus I put consistency flexibility and commitment to gain application marks I said he shud be consistent and keep recommending to travel over beach holiday and stay committed which might come with a sacrifice eg not going on holiday if they don't go travelling and for flexibility I put that he should acknowledge both trips and blablabla tbh I yolod that question
Reply 127
Hey does anyone have a picture of the exam, I just want to see what questions I think I got right as I ran out of time at the end overall it was a pretty good paper!
Original post by examskill

I put long term and comparisons however some people put case studies
Original post by Abirella
For the self-report I wrote their own opinions, feelings and opinions :biggrin: I honestly had no clue.
Would I get ANY marks?

Hm you would probably get at least a mark but for self report I think you're supposed to talk about questionnaires (closed/open questions) & interviews (unstructured/semi-structured/structured) :h:
Is anyone working on an unofficial mark scheme? I've started to write down the question I can remember here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rrt2HqUeC1J-vqARIaUC4wdiucHdvnWouza-4uY3FUc/edit?usp=sharing Add whatever you can remember if you want.
Reply 131
Original post by examskill

I think I put down the one about the control group and also they could study the long term effects
What did people put for the first question where it said something like what are 3 behavioral factors for minority influencing majority?! I put Commitment, consistency and flexibility but I honestly have no idea if that is right!
Reply 133
Original post by vezuxiii
If you put about social support you will more then likely get some marks yes. What made you write the stupid answer lol I got it wrong to but what confused you

Basically just a case of trying to remember the more difficult stuff and not focusing enough on the basics like what the question actually frickin asked in the 1st place😂
Original post by maisieaa
Mainly evaluation or ALL evaluation

That's what I did! I was so confused
Original post by Francesevalyn
What did people put for the first question where it said something like what are 3 behavioral factors for minority influencing majority?! I put Commitment, consistency and flexibility but I honestly have no idea if that is right!

yeah that right! :smile:
For the multi-store question, how many marks do you reckon I'll get for just outlining it, like saying SM STM and LTM, unitary stores, attention and rehearsal required etc. Is that what we had to do?
Original post by Kidofthecentuary
Harlow Monkeys
Lorenz Ducks
would you get mark for saying ducks instead of geese

I put ducks as well D:
Reply 138
Original post by Dannyboy789
For the multi-store question, how many marks do you reckon I'll get for just outlining it, like saying SM STM and LTM, unitary stores, attention and rehearsal required etc. Is that what we had to do?

Uh.. what multi store question
Original post by Dannyboy789

Honestly this question puzzled me so hard at first that's what I thought you had to do but the question said outline psychological research on the stm of the multi memory model. It's specifically asking for the short term memory so outlining the multi memory model wouldn't be the right answer in my personal opinion I might be wrong but I put the study of Peterson and Peterson duration might be completely wrong though

Quick Reply