The Student Room Group

Is it too late to transfer colleges for A2?

I've been wanting to do it all year but i wasnt sure if i could, and now i know that i really cant imagine staying for another year. I dont know wat to do, any advice would be helpful thank you
Original post by Imy1234
I've been wanting to do it all year but i wasnt sure if i could, and now i know that i really cant imagine staying for another year. I dont know wat to do, any advice would be helpful thank you

See if the colleges/6th forms are still accepting applications - if their websites useless perhaps try phoning them up? ask if you could inquire about transferring over for next year & see what they say - also if they say no there's no space try phoning again on results day b/c some of their students may drop out meaning there is some spaces :smile: also check the exam board you're on because it would affect things like coursework so like your college may be doing say history on AQA but the other school may be on another exam board so check that too because thats important as well.
Original post by Imy1234

Hey, I'm moving sixth forms for a2 this year, I already organised my move so I will be moving a week after my last AS exam. I basically just called the sixth form and told them my situation.
Reply 3
Original post by bizzy_penguin
See if the colleges/6th forms are still accepting applications - if their websites useless perhaps try phoning them up? ask if you could inquire about transferring over for next year & see what they say - also if they say no there's no space try phoning again on results day b/c some of their students may drop out meaning there is some spaces :smile: also check the exam board you're on because it would affect things like coursework so like your college may be doing say history on AQA but the other school may be on another exam board so check that too because thats important as well.

Thank you, I've called up one already and they've told me to fill in a form and that it will be highly unlikely that I'll get in, but I'll try a few others, thanks
Reply 4
Original post by pezisland37
Hey, I'm moving sixth forms for a2 this year, I already organised my move so I will be moving a week after my last AS exam. I basically just called the sixth form and told them my situation.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest