The Student Room Group

Edexcel RE GCSE Religion and life unit 1 and 8

It it possible to revise everything in 3 days?

Scroll to see replies

currently me rn doing unit 4 though so yeah ive started today and i have done 2 sections out of the 4 :smile:
In exactly the same situation. I am also doing the same units.
No. But you can revise the main points and pray that the topics that you haven't revised don't come up - it's worked for me in my mocks.

BUT

My efficient revision technique is this. Anything Christianity related - Bible, Jesus, Church and Teachings ( Golden Rule, Sanctity of Life, Brother's keeper)

Anything Islam related - Qur'an, Muhammed, Ummah, Shari'ah and teachings.

Some questions will inevitably come up - expect a media question (just include freedom of speech for for and leads to aggression for against)
- expect an 8 marker on a Islamic/Christian view on an issue ( homosexuality/suicide/environment/etc)
- expect a 6 marker on a should a religious person be ... or do...
-AND MEMORIZE ALL THE DEFINITIONS, it'll be a kick up the arse if you lose a mark on one.

Hope this helped. - Aystah Student
Reply 4
Is it too late to start revising tomorrow??????
Original post by AystahStudent
No. But you can revise the main points and pray that the topics that you haven't revised don't come up - it's worked for me in my mocks.

BUT

My efficient revision technique is this. Anything Christianity related - Bible, Jesus, Church and Teachings ( Golden Rule, Sanctity of Life, Brother's keeper)

Anything Islam related - Qur'an, Muhammed, Ummah, Shari'ah and teachings.

Some questions will inevitably come up - expect a media question (just include freedom of speech for for and leads to aggression for against)
- expect an 8 marker on a Islamic/Christian view on an issue ( homosexuality/suicide/environment/etc)
- expect a 6 marker on a should a religious person be ... or do...
-AND MEMORIZE ALL THE DEFINITIONS, it'll be a kick up the arse if you lose a mark on one.

Hope this helped. - Aystah Student

Yes it is possible to revise for R.E in 3 days.The grade boundaries are really high and theres a reason why

Original poster,i suggest you do past papers,and pay attention to the mark scheme.R.E has lots of past papers and questions do repeat themselves,and the good thing is ,most of the time it isn't even reworded.
Reply 6
Original post by MMM12

Definitely. Good luck!
Original post by MMM12

omg i'm doing the same units as you!
haha I've only started looking at my revision guide today lol

Does anyone have any tips to memorise all the RE stuff? cos RE is my weakest subject tbh...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL DOING RE EXAMS :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by rayestar
omg i'm doing the same units as you!
haha I've only started looking at my revision guide today lol

Does anyone have any tips to memorise all the RE stuff? cos RE is my weakest subject tbh...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL DOING RE EXAMS :wink:

Have you got the Edexcel revision guide, if yes just make short, precise notes and memorise them. Make sure you revise atleast 4 points from each unit, so when answering the questions in the exam you know what to talk about.
Good luck!
Original post by MMM12
Have you got the Edexcel revision guide, if yes just make short, precise notes and memorise them. Make sure you revise atleast 4 points from each unit, so when answering the questions in the exam you know what to talk about.
Good luck!

Anyone got any predictions for tomorrow's exam... I've looked through the past papers and can't really see any patterns tbh
Reply 11
Original post by Kesavan2000
Anyone got any predictions for tomorrow's exam... I've looked through the past papers and can't really see any patterns tbh

How was the exam? I found it quite easy.
Anyone have any predictions for Unit 8 topics on Wednesday?
Original post by MMM12
How was the exam? I found it quite easy.

Yeah, i found it pretty good, I knew points for all of the questions I did and I didn't run out of time which is quite an achievement for me. I knew it would be a good paper as soon as I saw 1a:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Kesavan2000
Yeah, i found it pretty good, I knew points for all of the questions I did and I didn't run out of time which is quite an achievement for me. I knew it would be a good paper as soon as I saw 1a:biggrin:

Ohh thats great, i finished the paper just on time, i kept checking my answers over and over again, adding even MORE points just to make sure i had included everything to get full marks.
Yeaaaaah I did that too... For one of the D questions I felt like one of my points was a little weak so I added two more so I have about five points for it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which question did u guys choose for the section on community cohesion? If u guys picked the last one, what did u put for d)ii)?
Original post by clorenzoni5
Which question did u guys choose for the section on community cohesion? If u guys picked the last one, what did u put for d)ii)?

what was the question for it??
Original post by rayestar
what was the question for it??

something along the lines of "why shouldnt religous people work towards racial harmony?"
Original post by clorenzoni5
something along the lines of "why shouldnt religous people work towards racial harmony?"

omg i did that question!! I literally made stuff up tbh...
I said that God gave people free will so people should have the right to decide whether they should support community cohesion haha
what did you write?

Quick Reply

Latest