The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology AS Monday 16th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Virolite
new spec psychology exam was supprisingly easy, expecting 90+ ums at minimum:biggrin:

Yeah thats what im thinking. It was a bit TOO easy. It was a very unusual paper...but did they HAVE to include piecharts? Really? Really OCR?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did this paper! It was independent measure apparently, I put repeated :frown: also messed up the iv and DV, but at least the questioned as s and w of labs if it had been the design I chose I would of messed that up too!! I hope a lot of other people messed this up too or I'll be getting a poor grade :frown:
Original post by Maisiejolli
Omgggg I hated that paper! What did anyone write for the section B and what design was it? I was tempted to write a quasi experiment but that wasn't a design!!! Did I read the question wrong?!

I did this paper! It was independent measure apparently, I put repeated also messed up the iv and DV, but at least the questioned as s and w of labs if it had been the design I chose I would of messed that up too!! I hope a lot of other people messed this up too or I'll be getting a poor grade
Original post by LenniesRabbit
Yeah thats what im thinking. It was a bit TOO easy. It was a very unusual paper...but did they HAVE to include piecharts? Really? Really OCR?

Posted from TSR Mobile

that question was a gift, eh at least it wasn't histograms :3
Original post by Tricks111
I did this paper! It was independent measure apparently, I put repeated also messed up the iv and DV, but at least the questioned as s and w of labs if it had been the design I chose I would of messed that up too!! I hope a lot of other people messed this up too or I'll be getting a poor grade

the experimental design was your choice in the 12 marker.
there was a clear modal value..

Wait...for the corridor question yes? Modal means most occurring number, but there was none. Unless it was 80...ugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't know what to put for a control of the extraneous variable? I put control for participant variables using repeated measures😭😭
Original post by claudiamendes
I didn't know what to put for a control of the extraneous variable? I put control for participant variables using repeated measures😭😭

I had done Matched-pairs, but my extraneous would be making sure none of them had owned pets before because it may influence how lonely they are...i dont know what I was thinking :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LenniesRabbit
I had done Matched-pairs, but my extraneous would be making sure none of them had owned pets before because it may influence how lonely they are...i dont know what I was thinking :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my god i was going to put that but i took it away!!! Should have kept it:frown:
I got the dependent variable wrong for the 1marker as so I also messed up on the 12 markk with measuring the dv, feel like a right idiot. I waffled the whole way through but luckily i justified my reasons and mentioned about a previous study twice or more. Oh wells
the experimental design was your choice in the 12 marker.

I did a different paper to you guys, mine was an AS retake :smile:
What was the answer to the significant figure percentage one?! I couldn't work out if it was 40% or 40.3% ?!
Original post by schoolgirl1
What was the answer to the significant figure percentage one?! I couldn't work out if it was 40% or 40.3% ?!

I think i put 41.67% because it was to 2 d.p can't remember
Original post by claudiamendes
I think i put 41.67% because it was to 2 d.p can't remember

No it wasn't decimal places, I'm pretty sure it was to two significant figures which is different?
yes, 80 was the most frequent behavioural category listed, don't worry though it was only 1-2 marks, if you smashed the 12 marker it will make up for it:biggrin:
Reply 75
It was to 2 significant figures wasn't it so 40% ☺️

it was 40% to two s.f.
Original post by vanyabarzilova
It was to 2 significant figures wasn't it so 40% ☺️

I got 40% too :smile:
Original post by LowkeyLogical
I got the dependent variable wrong for the 1marker as so I also messed up on the 12 markk with measuring the dv, feel like a right idiot. I waffled the whole way through but luckily i justified my reasons and mentioned about a previous study twice or more. Oh wells

what did you put as the DV?
No it wasn't decimal places, I'm pretty sure it was to two significant figures which is different?

Oh crap really? I must have read it wrong then :frown: that's another 3 marks gone!!

Quick Reply