The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Francesevalyn
There was an application question on a girl called Abi and you had to relate it to IWM, What did people write for that because it was a 6 marker and I really struggled to get more than 2 :':wink: I just rambled on about other studies e.g. Bowlby and just random ones and applied it

I think you're supposed to talk about how she has a similar attachment to her children (identify it as secure) and say that's supporting the IWM as it gives the idea that the mother has a similar attachement to her children through her own parents.
I also struggled to understand what else to write for 6 marks though :frown:
Does anyone remember the amount of marks per question ?
Flexibility- show compromise e.g. Say they could go to the beach whilst travelling

Consistency- not changing his mind, repeatedly talking about going travellinh

Commitment- giving his friends an ultimatum e.g. He won't join them in the holiday unless they go travelling
Original post by vezuxiii
glad to see people put the working memory model. My friend says on the asch line study he saw that it claimed to ask for 2 limitations but I didn't see that at all. All I saw was two variations and findings. I put the findings eg 36.8 percent and 75 percent in context. And I referred to the variations. Did anyone else see limitations for this question

Yes I saw the limitations on the last line
Original post by Tazzz.123
For the 12 M for the question about psychological research and working memory is it possible to get marks if you wrote about anxiety???? Ive asked people and they have all wrote about the working memory model!!

OMG! i wont about anxiety too! so happy someone else has to but i dunno if it was right at all x
Reply 165
Original post by bhavik-
I think you're supposed to talk about how she has a similar attachment to her children (identify it as secure) and say that's supporting the IWM as it gives the idea that the mother has a similar attachement to her children through her own parents.

I also wrote about the Minnesota study relating to her children being friendly and confident because of their secure attachment. I wrote that according to Hazan and Shaver, Abi should have a happy marriage because of her secure attachment which gives the kids a secure home but I wasn't too sure on that.
On the 8 mark for asch when it asked about variations did it want two variations of aschs study that affect conformity or two types of conformity shown in his study (I.e. Normative social influence)??
Original post by Lucyzini
On the 8 mark for asch when it asked about variations did it want two variations of aschs study that affect conformity or two types of conformity shown in his study (I.e. Normative social influence)??

Variations e.g group size or unanimity
Definitely! nothing like we practised in class!
Reply 169
For the animal study question that was about imprinting or following the first moving object and we had to put the name of the person and the case study, everyone has put Lorenz and Geese but I put Lorenz and baby geese, do you guys think I'll still get a mark for that??

I was so confused with this. I wrote about the findings and then task difficulty and unanimity

I believe that it wanted 2 variations which affect conformity ( Task difficulty, unamity and group size)
It also wanted 2 limitations ( child of its time, bias sample, insignificant task )
Reply 172
Original post by roastedcrumbs

Variations, I put nature of the task so how hard it was and when the participant had a friend with them like a confederate that was saying the correct answers
Original post by bhavik-

I think your meant to relate it to the fact that she based her parenting style on how she was parented. She carried on the trusting and loving relationship she has with her parents to her relationship with her children because this was her IWM. You get 2 marks just for relating back.
Original post by roastedcrumbs

Well... ****
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bethlmx
For the animal study question that was about imprinting or following the first moving object and we had to put the name of the person and the case study, everyone has put Lorenz and Geese but I put Lorenz and baby geese, do you guys think I'll still get a mark for that??

I should think so as that was what they were, I put geese but think your answer is better to be fair
Original post by Rigby16
I know during the pressure its easy to make a wrong move but when did the cognitive interview OR anxiety OR forgetting ever come up with working memory model?

i did the same thing as the other person really, the question didnt say model so i didnt think it was on about that just said working memory
Original post by bethlmx

Of course, your answer is better, the geese were babies. Same for harry harlows baby monkey rhesus for the question above.
Reply 178
You have to talk about deceit being used and the fact that is lacks mundane realism like the textbook says

2 variations and also two limitations. Types of conformity would reference internalisation, identification or compliance. NSI and ISI are explanations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending