The Student Room Group

Not showing up to an exam???

So today I did my economics as level exam and it was a DISASTER. I'm not really gonna get into it but basically I was told I had 50% extra time but apparently I didn't so I missed out a massive chunk (40 marks worth) of questions & now I'm 100% sure that I'm gonna fail.

Pleaaaaseeeesseeeeeeeee do NOT tell me that I have any hope because i don't. I really don't. Even if I got a full 80 marks (impossible) on the second paper, I'd get a D at best.

Anyways my second paper is a week away and I honestly don't think there's any point in me revising for it because I'm gonna fail anyway.

What happens if you don't show up to an exam?
you get a 'X' - lower than a fail on your results paper
Reply 2
Original post by 1295084
So today I did my economics as level exam and it was a DISASTER. I'm not really gonna get into it but basically I was told I had 50% extra time but apparently I didn't so I missed out a massive chunk (40 marks worth) of questions & now I'm 100% sure that I'm gonna fail.

Pleaaaaseeeesseeeeeeeee do NOT tell me that I have any hope because i don't. I really don't. Even if I got a full 80 marks (impossible) on the second paper, I'd get a D at best.

Anyways my second paper is a week away and I honestly don't think there's any point in me revising for it because I'm gonna fail anyway.

What happens if you don't show up to an exam?

Who told you you had 50% extra time? If it was an examiner surely you can appeal for consideration?
If there's a chance of that then you should definitely revise & show up to your second exam.
Reply 3
Original post by ions
Who told you you had 50% extra time? If it was an examiner surely you can appeal for consideration?
If there's a chance of that then you should definitely revise & show up to your second exam.

Let me rephrase that: I *thought I had 50% extra time because that is what my GP wrote on the letter to my college regarding my anxiety, however, my exams officer now says that the GP can't make those decisions? Idk. It's confusing
Reply 4
Original post by 1295084
Let me rephrase that: I *thought I had 50% extra time because that is what my GP wrote on the letter to my college regarding my anxiety, however, my exams officer now says that the GP can't make those decisions? Idk. It's confusing

Oops ok. Sorry didn't mean to make you say anything you didn't want to.
But there's definitely a case there. I would speak to your exams officer asap! If you were under the impression from a GP that you would be getting extra time and the school didn't tell you that it wasn't valid then it's not really your fault
Reply 5
Original post by ions
Oops ok. Sorry didn't mean to make you say anything you didn't want to.
But there's definitely a case there. I would speak to your exams officer asap! If you were under the impression from a GP that you would be getting extra time and the school didn't tell you that it wasn't valid then it's not really your fault

No worries, I'm just in a terrible mood right now

I'll definitely speak to someone tomorrow but I'm not sure how it'll go. Thanks anyways
:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by 1295084
No worries, I'm just in a terrible mood right now

I'll definitely speak to someone tomorrow but I'm not sure how it'll go. Thanks anyways
:smile:

No problem, good luck
Definitely sit the second exam- you can still get an A in the second exam and resit unit 1 next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Sacred Ground
Definitely sit the second exam- you can still get an A in the second exam and resit unit 1 next year

This ^^^^^^
Reply 9
Original post by Sacred Ground

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure if I can resit specific units since these AS exams don't contribute towards our final grades
If you had cleared the extra time thing with the examination officer beforehand and they said that was fine, and then didn't give you it - then you should speak up. But yeah, I don't think the GP's word is final, your school has to have said yeah that's ok to it also.

With regards what happens when you don't go in for the other exam, nothing happens. It will come up in your results in August 'U' and you don't have to declare it to your universities. I did the same thing last year.

Quick Reply

Latest