The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kidofthecentuary
Yes not too flexabile beacuse that will lead to inconsistency however some felxabilty is needed

flexibility references willingness to compromise (beach holiday during travelling)
Original post by drriversong
What did everyone get in the Romanian orphan MCQs?

What were the options for this again?
Original post by lucasbaker
Is anyone working on an unofficial mark scheme? I've started to write down the question I can remember here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rrt2HqUeC1J-vqARIaUC4wdiucHdvnWouza-4uY3FUc/edit?usp=sharing Add whatever you can remember if you want.

This is very useful. Thanks.
Reply 183
real talk what evaluation points did you put for the strange situation twelve marker because my brain went completely dead at that point
Original post by Esso123
for the strange situation question did we have to discuss the steps like how mother leave and comes and so stranger or can we just outline that it is obsevation and what was she measuring? Also for the question about stm in msm do u get marks if you spoke about unitary store

No you wouldn't go into full detail on each of the 8 episodes, simply saying there were 8 episodes for example, the mother and the baby were alone and the baby was encouraged to explore.

And i don't believe there was a questions regarding the MSM if you mean the WMM then NO as the whole point of the Working model is to illustrate that the STM IS NOT A UNITARY STORE!
Anyone know the wording of the abi question?
Reply 186
For the question about LTM: I am sure it had the word ‘one’ in bold... made me think we needed to chose one person to fit all 3 examples of LTM.
Anyone else get confused over the word 'one' in bold?
what did everyone put in the multiple choice for romanian studies, i put the compare control and long term/ short term, is those 2 right ???!
Original post by amysed
real talk what evaluation points did you put for the strange situation twelve marker because my brain went completely dead at that point

i just evaluated the experiment so lack ecological validity and population , good control of variables etc
Reply 189
I put augmentation principle, snowball effect and deeper processing for the 3 behaviours! Do you think this would count?
Original post by Rigby16
No you wouldn't go into full detail on each of the 8 episodes, simply saying there were 8 episodes for example, the mother and the baby were alone and the baby was encouraged to explore.

And i don't believe there was a questions regarding the MSM if you mean the WMM then NO as the whole point of the Working model is to illustrate that the STM IS NOT A UNITARY STORE!

There was a question asking what psychological research had found out about the stm with reference to the multi store model
Original post by amysed

I put that there was also a Type D which was Disorganised group so it didn't account for all attachment types
Is anyone working on an unofficial mark scheme? I've started to write down the question I can remember here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rrt2HqUeC1J-vqARIaUC4wdiucHdvnWouza-4uY3FUc/edit?usp=sharing Add whatever you can remember if you want.

You are awesome! THANK YOU
Original post by amysed

Unethical - Psychology harm in the form of distress and the babies were RECORDED via cameras without their personal consent.

Emic Construct - Built on Western ideas regarding what's secure and insecure behaviours (In the exam i used Japan as an example stating that it's normal for their culture to take their child everywhere therefore in Japan this would be secure behaviour)

One that i forgot was that it lacks ecological validity as the environment was a controlled setting.
Reply 194
Original post by amysed

+ reliable
- cultural bias
- not ecologically valid
- stressful for the baby BUT no more stressful than everyday life (eg leaving with a babysitter)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rigby16
For the memory one I put about all the components and how the CE has been proven by braver's brain scan study and how the PL and VSSP have been proven by shallice and Warrington K.F study.
Yeah for the memory one I wabout
Social influence was easy I think the strange situation was a nice 12 marker

Yeah for the memory one I worried about pl with baddeley tomophosn and Buchanan and then evaluated that study
For vss baddeley et al
Evaluated that and talked about inner scribe and visual cache
Ce baddeley
And ep alkhalifa
Original post by Newsome1999
There was a question asking what psychological research had found out about the stm with reference to the multi store model

The question was regarding the Working Memory Model.
Reply 197
I found this paper really decent. I scored 4 marks by writing 4 words for the animal study questions. Easiest 4 marks in my life. Along with the first question, 3 words, 3 marks. Easiest 7 marks of my life!!!

The last question was v. nice. The working memory was an okay one. I spoke about how Baddley and Hitch conducted an experiment to prove that the fact you can multitask, it proves that STM has more than one store etc etc.

Original post by Yukio.X
Based on other past papers and the fact that its the first paper for our new spec... 54/72 for an A and a B grade could be as low as 46/72

Incorrect, paper 1, grade boundaries go down by 4 marks. 54 A, 50 B, etc etc.
Original post by Jameson04
Seeing mention of Romanian Orphange and I've completed forgotten the question about it. Anyone remember it?

It was like pick the 2 evalative points
I picked a - it used a control group
B - but there are few case studies of it

It's really amazing watching everyone make this in real time!! :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending