The Student Room Group

Coming off the pill after 7 years!

So after 7 years I've had to come off the pill, as I developed a condition from long term use of it that makes your womb grow in places it shouldn't. (Very painful, wish doctor had warned me when I went on it as a naive 15 year old!)

I've been off for 2 weeks now, had a very late withdrawal bleed. Now I'm bloated to hell, and after 3 days off my withdrawal bleed I've had another day of spotting.

To anyone who has come off the pill, is this normal and what other sort of nightmares should I expect?

Mentally, I feel great! Never felt so relaxed and less moody. My boyfriends happy because I'm not as snappy, but as it early days. I'm hoping someone will know the warning signs of coming of the pill and what I should prepare for?

When will I get actual periods?? Ect
Original post by Anonymous
So after 7 years I've had to come off the pill, as I developed a condition from long term use of it that makes your womb grow in places it shouldn't. (Very painful, wish doctor had warned me when I went on it as a naive 15 year old!)

I've been off for 2 weeks now, had a very late withdrawal bleed. Now I'm bloated to hell, and after 3 days off my withdrawal bleed I've had another day of spotting.

To anyone who has come off the pill, is this normal and what other sort of nightmares should I expect?

Mentally, I feel great! Never felt so relaxed and less moody. My boyfriends happy because I'm not as snappy, but as it early days. I'm hoping someone will know the warning signs of coming of the pill and what I should prepare for?

When will I get actual periods?? Ect

I took the pill for nearly 3 years and i got some headaches but otherwise no side effects when i stopped and felt much better in myself. I think it depends person to person, only took 6 weeks for me to get a period and 3 months to get back to normal really.

Quick Reply

Latest