The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR Religious Studies 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

So how did everyone find it?
Original post by jazz_xox_
This threw me off too.
I ended up writing something like "Many people in society view women in a stereotypical way in which they should stay at home, cook, clean, and look after their children which some believe makes them inferior to men. However, this isn't so much the case in modern society as they are seen more equal." Do you think this would get the marks?

I wrote something along those lines as well, I hope it's ok! I literally had no idea what I was writing on the equality 12 marker, it was odd.
This threw me off too.
I ended up writing something like "Many people in society view women in a stereotypical way in which they should stay at home, cook, clean, and look after their children which some believe makes them inferior to men. However, this isn't so much the case in modern society as they are seen more equal." Do you think this would get the marks?

I wrote something very similar! Generally now how in a modern society women are seen equivalent to men as they both go out to work, etc. Everyone at school wrote different answers, but hopefully we got a few!
Original post by lalafirmstone
New to the thread so hi everyone! I cant remember all my points but did (christianity)
FOR
- religion provides morals to help with judgements ('love thy neighbour':wink:
- religion helps us to do the right thing and so get into heaven ('I am the way and the truth and the light':wink:
- something else I cant remember
AGAINST
- a better guide to medical ethics would come from those with medical training
- religious views can sometimes be restrictive when dealing with patients
- something else I cant remember

Do people think those would be ok???

Yes. :smile: that's a good point about speaking to medical professions , I didn't think of thay
This threw me off too.

Oh I wrote that's women can not be priests in Roman Catholic Church's as the priest is meant to represent Jesus, who is a man so this restricts them from being in a job that they could be good at://
Would this get 3 marks??
Original post by jaskomal
I wrote something very similar! Generally now how in a modern society women are seen equivalent to men as they both go out to work, etc. Everyone at school wrote different answers, but hopefully we got a few!

That was a very general question. I feel like in saying 'however' I spoke about more than 1 point that it asks for, oh well I'm sure the mark scheme should be accepting on that one.
Can I just ask ,Did you leave 2 lines between every question? I only left one between question parts, and left 2 in between the full questions
The test was amazing I did christianity medical ethics and human relationships. Then war and planet, im hoping for an A*. Does anyone wants to discuss answers or wants to see my perspective on questions??
That was a very general question. I feel like in saying 'however' I spoke about more than 1 point that it asks for, oh well I'm sure the mark scheme should be accepting on that one.
Can I just ask ,Did you leave 2 lines between every question? I only left one between question parts, and left 2 in between the full questions

What is wrong with leaving lines? I left lots of line!!!

The invigilators didn't mention leaving two lines until the second paper but I read the instructions beforehand. I still forgot sometimes and left one line. Between questions I left 1/2 between full questions. The invigilator said it doesn't matter as long as you've made it clear.
I didn't leave two lines either.
Original post by GoodGirlFaith
I wrote something along those lines as well, I hope it's ok! I literally had no idea what I was writing on the equality 12 marker, it was odd.

Yes it was quite unexpected! I spoke about everyone being made in the image of God and Christianity teaches justice and fairness, and then against, I said that a persons race defines who they are and their nationality ,and in the past Christians are rightly accused of racism eg slavery and segregation, however it was them who helped abolish slavery , I also found myself writing 'love thy neighbour' in literally every question :colondollar:
Original post by jaskomal
The invigilators didn't mention leaving two lines until the second paper but I read the instructions beforehand. I still forgot sometimes and left one line. Between questions I left 1/2 between full questions. The invigilator said it doesn't matter as long as you've made it clear.

Okay thankyou :smile: also did you write on the front how many booklets you used? I only used 1 but I forgot to write it on at the end
I left 2 lines but I now have a horrible feeling I wrote the wrong unit title, does that matter? I got the code right.
I left 2 lines but I now have a horrible feeling I wrote the wrong unit title, does that matter? I got the code right.

What did you right for the unit title? The code would be more important, and they would check your questions to see which unit you've answered I'm sure. I also have a horrible feeling I put the wrong numbers in the margin, although I'm sure I wouldn't have done so!
I f***king hated it. 8e was absolute bulls**t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean c'mon summarise what we've done for 2 years in 6 paragraphs!!!!
The exam was amazing Im hoping for an A* I did Christianity human relationships and medical ethics. Then peace and war and responsibility for planet on second paperm Grade boundaries?? Like out of 51
What did you right for the unit title? The code would be more important, and they would check your questions to see which unit you've answered I'm sure. I also have a horrible feeling I put the wrong numbers in the margin, although I'm sure I wouldn't have done so!

I put religious studies b on both papers instead of ethics 1/2 and the topic names, and apparently that was wrong but a few people in my class did the same. I guess they'll probably check just in case there was a problem.
did anyone else NOT leave 2 lines in between each question part (in between a and b, b and c etc)?? I left 1 line between each one and I left 2 in between each full question. I've asked a teacher at my school and they said not to worry but I can't help doing. Did anyone else do this and do you think i would be okay?

It is fine, though it would be more difficult for the examiners to mark it. In fact, I remember the invigilators telling us that it's all computerised, so the question and part on the margin automatically sorts the paper out. Though again, it would be difficult to do that method of you don't leave a line. I think you're ok!
Original post by Faizanasif
It is fine, though it would be more difficult for the examiners to mark it. In fact, I remember the invigilators telling us that it's all computerised, so the question and part on the margin automatically sorts the paper out. Though again, it would be difficult to do that method of you don't leave a line. I think you're ok!

Ah okay thankyou! Yes I'm pretty sure I left a line. My paper was such a mess it would probably be difficult to mark anyway! I did a for+against table for part E questions and then crossed it out, and often squeezed writing on.
I put religious studies b on both papers instead of ethics 1/2 and the topic names, and apparently that was wrong but a few people in my class did the same. I guess they'll probably check just in case there was a problem.

No that it fine, it's not wrong at all, just not exactly what they're looking for, the unit code will sort it. It's not like your paper will get categorised in the wrong section because Religious Studies B is still the exam title :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending