The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology AS Monday 16th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by schoolgirl1
I got 40% too :smile:

Good :smile: I'm just panicking as the question was worth 3 marks so I'd say 1 for working out and 1 for the right answer, but where does the third one come from? 😱
Omg the pie chart! I didn't have a protractor or compass was it meant to be free hand? Mine didn't look like a circle lol...
I forgot to put a title on it too and I used percentages instead of doing them times 360 :/
Original post by vanyabarzilova
Good :smile: I'm just panicking as the question was worth 3 marks so I'd say 1 for working out and 1 for the right answer, but where does the third one come from? 😱

one for dividing, one for x100 then one for the significant figures maybe?
Where would the calculations for the inferential statistics in a report go? I put results but I'm pretty sure I messed it up and I think it was the appendices? What did everyone else put?
Reply 84
one for dividing, one for x100 then one for the significant figures maybe?

That's quite generous of them then :smile:
Omg the pie chart! I didn't have a protractor or compass was it meant to be free hand? Mine didn't look like a circle lol...
I forgot to put a title on it too and I used percentages instead of doing them times 360 :/

Omg i completely forgot that too! I did x100 :frown:

that's perfectly fine I mean this is psychology not maths, so if you allocated the correct percentages and drew it free hand you will most likely get full marks for that:h:
Reply 87
I cant believe people struggled with this one, i mean i found 1 or 2 things a bit wierd but things like working out the mode and how many sf is so easy you should be grateful it showed up.
Original post by Virolite
that's perfectly fine I mean this is psychology not maths, so if you allocated the correct percentages and drew it free hand you will most likely get full marks for that:h:

Well it was 4 marks so I think I would have had to include a title, oh well :/
Where would the calculations for the inferential statistics in a report go? I put results but I'm pretty sure I messed it up and I think it was the appendices? What did everyone else put?

description
description

wait do you mean discussion?
Original post by GradeF
I cant believe people struggled with this one, i mean i found 1 or 2 things a bit wierd but things like working out the mode and how many sf is so easy you should be grateful it showed up.

you're right, this was honestly a gift of a paper:u:
Reply 92

To be completely honest, the hardest bit for me this paper was trying to figure out what more i need to write in those 6 markers. Even the 3 marker null hypothesis question, im not sure what i need for 3 marks, i just wrote down a null hypotheses using the word 'significantly' and also operationalising.

No it wasn't :frown: like for section B there wasn't much context on the description of the study so it made it hard for me to answer the questions! And i messed up on section C too :/
Reply 94

It's appendices
Original post by GradeF
To be completely honest, the hardest bit for me this paper was trying to figure out what more i need to write in those 6 markers. Even the 3 marker null hypothesis question, im not sure what i need for 3 marks, i just wrote down a null hypotheses using the word 'significantly' and also operationalising.

Probably a mark for using the word significant, a mark for mentioning the DV and IV and a mark for saying about any difference is due to chance
what did you put as the DV?

Elderly by mistake, I assumed that the DV what the variable you kept the same only realizing after that it is something you measure
Original post by LowkeyLogical
Elderly by mistake, I assumed that the DV what the variable you kept the same only realizing after that it is something you measure

Was the DV how lonely they were?
Was the DV how lonely they were?

yup it was
for the 12 marker what did everyone put for the extraneous variable? I put that not everyone likes pets therefore it creates biased results or something and to control it I said using a self-selecting sample so that people who didn't like pets wouldn't volunteer

Quick Reply