The Student Room Group

Is there still hope for me?? Is it too late?

Okay so heres my situation. Ive hardly done any revision and when I try to I procrastinate so bad. I mean Ive done some but im pretty sure it's not enough. Ive got Biology 1, ICT and Physics 1 this week which im pretty good at. In class I get A's mainly for my tests with no revision. But what im really worried about is Literature and the rest of the sciences. I hardly know anything about them and I don't feel like revising them because it feels like a waste (because I have exams tomorrow etc) Also the worst bit about it is that im not stressed at all. It feels like im doing mocks. Can someone help me get on track? I dont know what to do!
No stress is a good thing - you'll probably do better in the exam. Although for revision I'd say ask your mother to confiscate all your devices and lock you in a room for 2 hours, or she could stand behind you and slap you ever time you stop concentrating, but there is a small chance this could be classed as child abuse...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by The_JoKeR
No stress is a good thing - you'll probably do better in the exam. Although for revision I'd say ask your mother to confiscate all your devices and lock you in a room for 2 hours.

sounds like slavery :biggrin:
Just try and divide your time tonight so it prioritizes exams, e.g B1 tomorrow spend 2 hours on that. Just make sure you don't stay up all night and stress yourself out. Just stay calm and go over the basics of each subject - if you do well in tests normally you should be fine. Also, make sure you're not on your phone or laptop it really does distract you (wow I really sound like a mum).
Hi! There is still time!

For literature memorise quotes or quote page numbers (if you are allowed to take the book into the exam). Also make mind maps on all the key themes and main characters.
For poetry I recommend making cue cards for each poem with the key points like structure, meaning, enjambment, rhyme, similes, word connotations and other effects. Print out a poem analyzing checklist, so you can go through the list in your head when you are analyzing in the exam, especially in the unseen poem.

For physics, make sure you know how to do the equations, and for chemistry maybe make cue cards on the key ideas like the different groups, bondings and industrial processes. And do past papers!

And in general, you can also try singing your notes, making mnemonics, having Skype group sessions where you can quiz eachother ( you will be surprised on how much you actually know and you can find out what areas you need to work more in) Also you can try teaching topics too as a form of revision

Quick Reply

Latest