The Student Room Group

Question for girls

Ok so this question is aimed at girls...

If you were single, and you got a friend request on facebook off a boy you didn't know but they had mutual friends to you, would you accept it?

And then if this boy messaged you, what would your reaction be? Would you reply? Or would you block them etc?

Scroll to see replies

Personally I don't accept requests from people I don't know, even if we had mutuals.

If I did however and they started messaging me, I would verify how they know me (if they're in my lessons, go to my sixth form etc) and if I still don't know them I'd remove them. I wouldn't block them unless they carried on or were creepy but tbh I probably wouldn't accept it in the first place.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

If you were single, and you got a friend request on facebook off a boy you didn't know but they had mutual friends to you, would you accept it?

And then if this boy messaged you, what would your reaction be? Would you reply? Or would you block them etc?

If they had mutual friends with me I'd get to know them and talk to them, because yeah you may not know them but they may know you!! And they may want to get close to you as they see you as a good friend??
Depends- which of my Facebook friends are they friends with? Have I heard about him before? Is he close to my age/does he go to a uni/school near me? If he is FB friends with my close friends, I will ask them who he is/how do they know him etc. I wouldn't block anyone unless they seem creepy.

I know some girls who will just look at the profile picture and accept based on that though.
Original post by RBalboa
And they may want to get close to you as they see you as a good friend??

I took the thread as OP is trying to chat up a girl they don't really know and doesn't want to look creepy :tongue:

Haha seriously though if they just wanted to be friends I doubt they'd be posting anonymously on TSR
Original post by TheStudent19
I took the thread as OP is trying to chat up a girl they don't really know and doesn't want to look creepy :tongue:

Haha seriously though if they just wanted to be friends I doubt they'd be posting anonymously on TSR

True guys don't normally message girls they don't know because they want to be 'friends'
Reply 6

Lol, clever of them, but go for it if they want.... and yeah thats true though aswell.
Original post by emunia123
True guys don't normally message girls they don't know because they want to be 'friends'

Yeah exactly :biggrin: Still though there's no harm chatting someone up. As long as you're not being creepy and they're not uncomfortable with it. Some people like to playfully flirt over Facebook, even with people they don't really know too well. It depends on the girl I guess.
Yeah exactly :biggrin: Still though there's no harm chatting someone up. As long as you're not being creepy and they're not uncomfortable with it. Some people like to playfully flirt over Facebook, even with people they don't really know too well. It depends on the girl I guess.

Well of course its all just fun, plus it has happened to me before that we never hit it off in 'that' way but did actually become quite good friends
Reply 9
well depends how many mutual friends, i get a loada friend requests from strangers so only add people i know of.
Reply 10

I Don't have facebook :smile: and I will not accept any boy even if I did except from my brothers uncle etc.
Nope, I don't accept if I don't know them, male or female! And if they message me I will reply, keep it polite, and not let anything develop seeing as I don't know them.
Original post by h333
I Don't have facebook :smile: and I will not accept any boy even if I did except from my brothers uncle etc.

wtf this is so random???
Reply 13
wtf this is so random???

How? Sorry i don't know what you mean
Original post by h333

Would you not accept girls either or is it just boys? Just out of interest.

Since they have mutual friends, I probably would accept it. If they messaged me and they seemed nice, I would reply i guess. Depends If they creep me out i would block but if you are nice about it, im sure noone would do that :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by emunia123
Would you not accept girls either or is it just boys? Just out of interest.

Hello. If I did not know the girls then I would not accept but then again if I do find the girl to be nice etc I do not know how facebook works but then I would accept their friend request first and then see how they are. But I would rather stay on the safe side and accept only girls I know and no boys.
Reply 17

I would stalk him to see if he's a serial killer or a creep and if I do reply it will be minimal unless I find him interesting .

I accepted my partners friend request after we'd met once and the rest is history:P
Original post by Anaa95
I would stalk him to see if he's a serial killer or a creep and if I do reply it will be minimal unless I find him interesting .

This is so true

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending