The Student Room Group

Edexcel igcse ict practical summer 2016

Scroll to see replies

Not asking if it came up or not, but I didn't know website design even ever can come up?? This is confusing me
Ikr !!!

It sucks!!
Original post by GliderPilotSam
Did making website come up?

I didn't know that was a thing that could come up, I haven't seen it in past papers
Original post by STUDENTATOOL
I didn't know that was a thing that could come up, I haven't seen it in past papers

Buddy.. I think he/she meant the cover page of a website and not the website itself..
I think we are not allowed to talk about the practical paper on here it could make the grade boundaries go up!

yeah if people discuss what came up the grade boundaries are gonna go through the roof so don't bc then its not fair on other people

Website making is web authoring which hasn't come up for a few years. But was curious as if it hasn't come up in a while, it probably would pop up now but from what I hear it hasn't. Even if it did it's easy to do even with Microsoft Word.
Original post by adnankaize
Lol you guys are really selfish, I did my ICT paper last year and got an A. And last year, everyone who did it early told us what came. Guess what, grade boundaries didn't go high, in fact it went low, form 87 for A* to 81. Telling what comes isn't going to cause some huge difference in the grade boundaries, 1 or 2 marks by max. Just happy that there weren't a lot of people like you guys last year

What are u talking about? Grade boundaries depend on how easy or hard the paper is and how people worldwide taking the exam have done. It is calculated as an average of the results not how much a person is selfish or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Do we have to know mail merge?
Is a poster coming?

For Database do we have to know anything else apart from queries, reports and forms?
For Powerpoint what do we have to know?
Thanks
Reply 48
Original post by GliderPilotSam
Website making is web authoring which hasn't come up for a few years. But was curious as if it hasn't come up in a while, it probably would pop up now but from what I hear it hasn't. Even if it did it's easy to do even with Microsoft Word.

If you are doing Edexcel, web authoring was on the 2015 paper and had 3 web pages with hyperlinks, unlike earlier years single web page questions. In 2015 you also had to copy and paste the html code for the hyperlink to an evidence document, first time for html code since 2011. So not sure why you say it hasn't come up in a while.
GUYS; Just revise EVERYTHING. No point in believing this came up or that didn't come up, how do you know these people who you have never met before aren't just lying so we do worse than them! This is WAR! Do not let your guard down, It is immoral to try to leak stuff, and it may be a giant ruse! :angelwings::catfight::damnmate::devil3:
Guys can you please tell us what the questions were?
Reply 51
they'll not come and shoot u just say it
Guys honestly just study and do everything. No point in telling, you are just cheating yourself. It has to be your own hardwork, only then will you feel proud. Not trying to be selfish but you have to think of others who have given exams without any help. Giving out the questions to you guys will be a disadvantage for them. Just think morally.
Best of Luck everyone. :top:
Reply 53
I mean we'd be a small group of ppl m we wouldnt technically ruin the boundaries as it considers everyone and so avg wouldnt change cuz 10 ppl knew... BUT I'm not here to start an angry heated discussion cuz I'm doing the paper on the 19th and I have an alibi 😂 but seriously just saying it wouldnt make a huge difference and no im not saying any of you are selfish, cause I'd do the same thing, if I were you...
Have a lovely day and good luck to all ❤️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mark 88
I'm sitting it on the 16th too. Which topics do you think will come up this year?

Dude what's coming for the paper i am sitting for my paper on 18th
GUYS; Just revise EVERYTHING. No point in believing this came up or that didn't come up, how do you know these people who you have never met before aren't just lying so we do worse than them! This is WAR! Do not let your guard down, It is immoral to try to leak stuff, and it may be a giant ruse! :angelwings::catfight::damnmate::devil3:

agreed

Buzzkill
Original post by DPD99
If you are doing Edexcel, web authoring was on the 2015 paper and had 3 web pages with hyperlinks, unlike earlier years single web page questions. In 2015 you also had to copy and paste the html code for the hyperlink to an evidence document, first time for html code since 2011. So not sure why you say it hasn't come up in a while.

I could've sworn it didn't come up? After looking yes it did come up in 2015 and 2014 so not sure what I was thinking then :P
I really hope web authoring doesn't come up in my practical tomorrow
Original post by TheShadoWolf
Buzzkill

Its the truth, everyone is your enemy, even your closest friend. These GCSE's prove to not trust anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest