The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drunq
I actually found it really decent. I went into college quite early and revised my ass off for the last 4 hours. I probably got myself an A or a B, however the thing is, the first paper, grade boundaries are divided by 4 marks. Literally fking up one 12 mark answer, that's the difference between three grade boundaries.

What about you? How did you do ?

Aw well done! I'm completely undecided as to whether it went well or didn't go well, I really liked parts of the paper however I think some of the wording of the questions were unfair. I'm sure you aced it, best of luck for results day!
Original post by Drunq
I wouldn't be happy bout it. Anxiety has nothing to do with memory? daaa fk ?

im happy someone else do it too so i dont seem stupid for putting it
Do you guys think I could still get 4 marks in the msmm question about short term memory if i only talked about coding (baddely) and capacity (jacobs)?

I completely forgot about duration and the peterson study!
For question one do you guys think "don't act out of self intrest" would be credited? Also, what are you basing these grade boundaries on?
Reply 244
Original post by LauranX
Aw well done! I'm completely undecided as to whether it went well or didn't go well, I really liked parts of the paper however I think some of the wording of the questions were unfair. I'm sure you aced it, best of luck for results day!

You too! Hopefully the grade boundaries are really low and everyone gets the mark they desire.

Original post by ashpittawayx
im happy someone else do it too so i dont seem stupid for putting it

I think the stupidest thing you can do in an exam is leave a question blank. You should get marks for trying :smile:
Original post by Jessicasmithh777
what did people do for the working memory question? :frown:

i outlined and evaluated the working memory model, didn't mention any other working memory theories:frown:(

i also ran out of time so missed out that question on self reports and messed up the first question about minority influence which was so easy!

so annoyed and paper 2 will be awful as it just confuses me
Reply 246
The questions were so badly worded.
I've been doing a lot of past papers prior and compared to those it was so badddd

Also what did people put for the working memory model question?
It was asking for theories or evidence, and i just didn't understand it well...
Reply 247
Original post by __Grace1999
For question one do you guys think "don't act out of self intrest" would be credited? Also, what are you basing these grade boundaries on?

The grade boundaries will look similar to first year old specification, which were

A 54
B 50
C 46
D 42
E 38
Reply 248
What was the wording of the wmm question please?
Original post by roastedcrumbs
Do you guys think I could still get 4 marks in the msmm question about short term memory if i only talked about coding (baddely) and capacity (jacobs)?

I completely forgot about duration and the peterson study!

Yeah i think so, it was only 4 marks and from the way it was worded i think you only need to talk about one in detail minimum, two if your unsure, you dont generally get marked for putting the name (excpet that weird animal studies one), so i only wrote about jacobs and miller for the capacity. So yeah as long as one said what the coding and capcity actually was and a bit about what they did you should get the marks
Reply 250
Original post by vezuxiii
Hello I'd agree that the working memory question was way to vague however I wrote in detail about the working memory model. Furthermore the question about asch line study findings and variations does anyone remember in detail the exact question?

I think it was one was something along the lines of - "outline 2 variables in relation to conformity"

I think the other was "briefly explain two limitations of the asch study"
Or something like that...
Original post by charrose4x
i outlined and evaluated the working memory model, didn't mention any other working memory theories:frown:(

i also ran out of time so missed out that question on self reports and messed up the first question about minority influence which was so easy!

so annoyed and paper 2 will be awful as it just confuses me

i only outlined and evaluated too! what are other working memory theories? I didnt even realise it didnt say model after it so only did that! I am sure you have still done well! I definiltley messed up the self report one too!
Original post by HPanimadPJO
Yeah i think so, it was only 4 marks and from the way it was worded i think you only need to talk about one in detail minimum, two if your unsure, you dont generally get marked for putting the name (excpet that weird animal studies one), so i only wrote about jacobs and miller for the capacity. So yeah as long as one said what the coding and capcity actually was and a bit about what they did you should get the marks

Thanks bby x

Literally was so worried about that one question aha
The question about 'name 2 variables in Asch's study' was really weirdly written don't you think?!
Original post by Drunq
That should be 4/6 marks. Which is not bad, only 2 marks dropped.

I thought I'd only get 2 marks for only referring all to Annie
Still what a stupid mistake I made
Original post by Jessicasmithh777
i only outlined and evaluated too! what are other working memory theories? I didnt even realise it didnt say model after it so only did that! I am sure you have still done well! I definiltley messed up the self report one too!

i legit can't think of any others!!

looking at the mark scheme is just scaring me haha
Original post by charrose4x
i legit can't think of any others!!

looking at the mark scheme is just scaring me haha

Neither can I!! i dont understand how it related to anything else - I feel like if so many people put just about the WMM then they will have to credit it because it was worded so weirdly! I know same hopefully it is all ok!
Original post by Drunq
wrong, it only spoke about WM

There was definitely a 4 mark question on STM in the Multi Store Model

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by feifj
<6 is more than 6, right?

I was also confused with that. :biggrin:
But it's less I guess and I said the answer was 2
Around 6 marks would have been for outlining and the other 6 for evaluation 😊

Quick Reply

Latest