The Student Room Group

Chemistry unit 6 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adorable98
So is that a formula I should know?:redface:

It's a lot simpler than that makes it appear, it's basically just saying that the number of moles are equal (well for this technically it is actually 2 moles of thiosulfate per i2, but that makes no difference as it is just a number so the only thing that changes is the constant of proportionality)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sabahshahed294
Ayman, how are the moles of Iodine and Sodium Thiosulfate equal? Like did you assume this that they are equal?

Sabah, please look at this video if you know where the formula comes from - https://youtu.be/c9uJ42_7DEI

You don't need to know this for the course but it does help you understand WHY the volume is proportional to the concentration rather than it just is.

Original post by PlayerBB
Yeah, It was tough lol but tbh I found the question about electrode potentials in IAL January 2015 much harder..........If I have done this paper(Jan 2015), I would come out subbing from that question :colondollar:

Oh I liked all the IAL Jan papers! May 15 was my most hated one. Yuck.
Original post by Ayman!
Sabah, please look at this video if you know where the formula comes from - https://youtu.be/c9uJ42_7DEI

You don't need to know this for the course but it does help you understand WHY the volume is proportional to the concentration rather than it just is.

Oh I liked all the IAL Jan papers! May 15 was my most hated one. Yuck.

As above, that formula isn't quite true in this case
Original post by samb1234
As above, that formula isn't quite true in this case

So is this not a valid way of going about this? What a day to find out. :lol:
Original post by Ayman!
So is this not a valid way of going about this? What a day to find out. :lol:

That formula comes from equating moles, i.e. n1=n2. Therefore c1v1=c2v2. If the number of moles are not equal, i.e. say 2n1=n2, then you can do the same you will just have a factor of 2 somewhere in it
That formula comes from equating moles, i.e. n1=n2. Therefore c1v1=c2v2. If the number of moles are not equal, i.e. say 2n1=n2, then you can do the same you will just have a factor of 2 somewhere in it

Okay, so the proportionality still works since it's a constant, yeah? -phew-
lol. I hope tomorrow's paper goes good now! This thing is making me hell panicked!!
Original post by Ayman!
Okay, so the proportionality still works since it's a constant, yeah? -phew-

Yeah yeah, your constant of proportionality will just be either twice or half as big
Yeah yeah, your constant of proportionality will just be either twice or half as big

Cheers, samb! You're always of such great help.
Original post by Ayman!
Cheers, samb! You're always of such great help.

No problem at all, when is the exam?
Good luck for tomorrow guys! Smash that exam :biggrin:
No problem at all, when is the exam?

10:30 AM for me at +6 GMT.
Original post by Ayman!
10:30 AM for me at +6 GMT.

Tomorrow :afraid:. Best of luck, hope it goes well (and feel free to tag me in any other questions you have between now and then/ after/ for any of the other chem exams forces me to stop neglecting my chem revision lol)
Reply 153
Original post by SaadKaleem

Same goes out to you!
Original post by SaadKaleem

Thank You Saad! :smile:
Original post by Aimen.
Here is paper, markscheme and examiner report!

holy **** thanks dude! i guess this is gonna be my last prep for exam, a full exam style paper. k well imma do this and go to sleep, bye guys
Reply 156
guys what do we need to know about chromatography for unit 6 ? :redface:o
It's a lot simpler than that makes it appear, it's basically just saying that the number of moles are equal (well for this technically it is actually 2 moles of thiosulfate per i2, but that makes no difference as it is just a number so the only thing that changes is the constant of proportionality)

I see, thank you!!

Why is this the answer:
It contains a phenol group/has OH attachedto benzene ring.

I wrote x contains a Cl- :frown:
Original post by baebae
guys what do we need to know about chromatography for unit 6 ? :redface:o

At least know the simple chromatography for seperation of the amino acids.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending