The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Biology - B1 17th May

Hey do any of you guys know what might come up in the paper tomorrow?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I was guessing stuff that was done universally badly last year like Blood Glucose regulation and Indicator Species? I feel the Six Markers might be Eutrophication and something to do with variation
Reply 2
Original post by iiHadi
I was guessing stuff that was done universally badly last year like Blood Glucose regulation and Indicator Species? I feel the Six Markers might be Eutrophication and something to do with variation

Thanks but what what do i revise for indicator species?
probably something on the nervous system.. a six marker I feel
Reply 4
Original post by parth1704
Thanks but what do I revise for indicator species?

Examples of them like Lichens for clean air, Stonefly larvae for clean water and Bloodworms for dirty water
Reply 5
Original post by iiHadi
Examples of them like Lichens for clean air, Stonefly larvae for clean water and Bloodworms for dirty water

Oh i see thanks.
Thanks but what what do i revise for indicator species?

Organism used for presence of pollutions

e.g.
Air pollution
Black spot fungus on roses and Lichens. I think both of them are present when sulfur&Nitrogen dioxide is in the air

Water
Polluted water: Bloodworms and Sludgeworms
Clean water: Stonefly Larvae and Freshwater shrimps

although this came up last year, do they repeat topics?
Reply 7
Indicator species came up preeetty briefly. so if we're lucky it might come up as a six marker which would be amazing. However there was a six marker on it on the 2014 paper, but never second guess the exam board- you don't know what they will do. Bacteria resistance also came up in 2014 and glucose in 2015 so half cross them off. Hopefully if we are lucky eutrophication will come up as a six marker or nitrogen cycle. I reeeally doubt variation coming up as a six marker, there is very little to make a 6 marker off of that unless it was extremophiles which would again be amazing. Then of course you still have hormones and reflex arc etc so there is potential for that.
Reply 8
My predictions are:

1. Classification and evolution
2. Phototropism
3. Diabetes
4. Homeostasis
5. Pathogen and infection - a six marker on: the ways pathogens infect a human?
6. Nutrient cycle - a six marker on: Nitrogen Cycle?

Could be wrong - however classification, evolution, speciation, diabetes, nutrient cycles, phototropism and plant responses/hormones didn't come up last year.
Reply 9
I feel like it could be something like eutrophication or the nitrogen cycle maybe. Good luck though! :smile:

Carbon cycle may come up as a 6 marker. Just go over all past papers and be confident with the questions.

Quick Reply

Latest