The Student Room Group

AQA psychology AS paper 1 16th May

Did anyone else think that paper was horrendous?? A few people in my class got really upset when they came out and I think I dropped marks on every single question.
Reply 1
I thought that paper was pretty challenging.
I've been practising a lot on past papers, and the questions in this paper were worded so badly. Guess it's because of the new spec, but definitely was tough.
I think for what they were asking wasn't too bad like the content, it was just the wording of the questions it kinda threw me a bit
Reply 3
It was awful for me. And so niche - memory was nothing but models, practically.

And the questions about animal studies threw me; I'm not sure if it was super simple, or if they were asking for more.

Realized at the end I'd skipped 12-mark on Strange Situation too and 6-mark on Internal Model - had 10-minutes left. So upset with myself. Every mock I've managed to drop only a couple of marks...and I did so badly in this, but my expectations were so different, and it threw me so much that I lost myself and my time.
The types of long term memory question
The wording was Omg
I read the question 5 times
I referred all types of LTM to Annie

:colonhash:
i think i messed up too.

left out the question about self-reports, don't think i did the hmm very well, got the first question wrong, completely misunderstood the iwm question, the list goes on ....

and paper 2 confuses me soo
Original post by The Panic Queen
I think for what they were asking wasn't too bad like the content, it was just the wording of the questions it kinda threw me a bit

Yeah I agree
The wording was terrible
did everyone finish he exam paper?
my little brother did this today and when he came home he went straight to bed and hes stil sleeping so i cant even ask him how it went..

i know it sounds evil but im kinda happy a lot of ppl found this hard....im sorryy but its true :colondollar:
Original post by chocolatexo
my little brother did this today and when he came home he went straight to bed and hes stil sleeping so i cant even ask him how it went..

i know it sounds evil but im kinda happy a lot of ppl found this hard....im sorryy but its true :colondollar:

Loads of people from my school found it easy.
Original post by rajneetk

damnnnn :tongue:

maybe the grade boundaries would still be quite low seeing as its the new spec and quite a few people wouldve found it hard....i hope
Original post by cocapopsxx
did everyone finish he exam paper?

Just, I only had 5 minutes to spare
Original post by chocolatexo
damnnnn :tongue:

maybe the grade boundaries would still be quite low seeing as its the new spec and quite a few people wouldve found it hard....i hope

Yeah I agree!
hopefully it is lol :redface:

same everyone came out the test cheering because it was too easy for them apparently
Original post by cocapopsxx
same everyone came out the test cheering because it was too easy for them apparently

Hope karma gets them and demolishes their ego :colonhash:
The types of long term memory question
The wording was Omg
I read the question 5 times
I referred all types of LTM to Annie

:colonhash:

ME TOO OMFG WTH i read it over and over again like 20 times!
Original post by julierileybrown
ME TOO OMFG WTH i read it over and over again like 20 times!

OMG! So glad I wasn't the only one!!!!
I felt like I was the only one with the stupid mistake!
Did you write what I wrote though...

CANT BELIEVE THE ANSWER WAS SO SIMPLE
I KNEW THE TYPES WORD FOR WORD YET THE QUESTION KNOCKED ME OVER

I require compensation from AQA
I died reading that question
Reply 17
I'm so glad everyone found it challenging (sorry. I thought the wording of the questions was particularly awful, but that's AQA for you...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending