The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
I might have written 70% 25% 25% for Ainsworth, will I lose marks?
Original post by EXAMSRESS2015
omg did u have to give specific studies? i thought it was asking just to state capacity duration and coding:'(

that's exactly what i did! i was so happy that i remember the exact cosine capacity and duration and then realised i didn't put any studies:frown: sure it won't be too many marks - i hope anyway
Original post by ashpittawayx
OMG! i wont about anxiety too! so happy someone else has to but i dunno if it was right at all x

OMG yes!!! i was panicking so much after thinking i had messed it up :smile: i thought working memory model was too obvious hopefully in the mark scheme they still credit answers that mention anxiety :smile: :smile:
Grade boundaries predictions???
Just to clarify I don't think the LTM has anything to do with the WMM so actually KF is the only case study for the WMM I think
Original post by EXAMSRESS2015
omg did u have to give specific studies? i thought it was asking just to state capacity duration and coding:'(

No sorry, it said 'outline psychological research...', but i think youll get a couple marks stating capacity etc at least
whoops, for the STM/MSM question I started writing about STM in terms of the MSM like attention, rehearsal, retrieval etc. :angry:
Original post by charrose4x
that's exactly what i did! i was so happy that i remember the exact cosine capacity and duration and then realised i didn't put any studies:frown: sure it won't be too many marks - i hope anyway

I'm slightly confused as to what that question wanted as it just said outline was psychological research has found therefore putting the study's details may not have gained marks?
I just put about coding acoustically (Included baddeley in this) Short duration 7+-2 and 18 - 30 seconds.

Im sure that's worth 3/4
Also you all seem to be forgetting AQA don't take marks away from you they are positive markers they will simply ignore wrong answers or information
Original post by electrahearts
whoops, for the STM/MSM question I started writing about STM in terms of the MSM like attention, rehearsal, retrieval etc. :angry:

I put that STM is in a fragile state
Info is used for immediate tasks
Info can be displaced by new info
Acoustic encoding
Maintained rehearsal

I guess I wrote everything wrong. :colonhash:
I put KF and interferece tasks by Bradley and Hitch to test their model
Original post by Mina_
I might have written 70% 25% 25% for Ainsworth, will I lose marks?

wasnt it 70% 15% 15%
Original post by orlaaaxx
the 12 marker question for attachment was something like "discuss the strange situation in assessing attachment types"
did we have to outline it in detail? or is it mainly evaluation ??

yeah i was thrown off by this question. many seem to have outlined it talking about procedure, results, conclusion . but all i wrote about was evaluations :frown:
I didn't find this too hard a paper and wasn't particularly upset by anything. I wish one of the 12 markers was on Social Influence not, memory and that the RM questions were in memory or attachment and not taking up questions in my favourite topic. All the questions were ok but I agree that the WMM question was worded weirdly. Came feeling pretty happy with myself so hopefully that stands up on results day :smile:
Reply 314
For a New specification paper how did you guys find it?
Original post by Synonym
wasnt it 70% 15% 15%

i always thought it was 60-75%, 20-25%, 3%! at least that's what is says in the green hair girl textbook...
Reply 316
Original post by Synonym
wasnt it 70% 15% 15%

Yeah it is, which is why I'm worried haha
I did the procedure, the types of attachment, the results, and why it may not be the best (mothers change personality, and it was only in America until Van and Kronenberg did the meta analysys)
[QUOTE=julierileybrown;64852801]yeah i was thrown off by this question. many seem to have outlined it talking about procedure, results, conclusion . but all i wrote about was evaluations :frown:
Original post by rajneetk
I put that STM is in a fragile state
Info is used for immediate tasks
Info can be displaced by new info
Acoustic encoding
Maintained rehearsal

I guess I wrote everything wrong. :colonhash:

to be honest, who even knows what they wanted? the wording was so confusing, i don't even think the examiners knew what they were asking :tongue:
Original post by electrahearts
i always thought it was 60-75%, 20-25%, 3%! at least that's what is says in the green hair girl textbook...

yh i remember seeing that too; but i think i might have used simplepsycholgoy or the loopa book and got those figures of 70 15 15

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending