The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR Religious Studies 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

I took this exam last year without any teachers teaching me this, i had to learn myself. The best ways i found was to look at PAST PAPERS the best advice i could give anyone. Examiners will award you marks for KEY WORDS this is very important to look at. If you have a question you disagree with, Why? Back up your argument give examples. Hope this helps, Good luck
Reply 101
Original post by ellamoon_22
The test was amazing I did christianity medical ethics and human relationships. Then war and planet, im hoping for an A*. Does anyone wants to discuss answers or wants to see my perspective on questions??

How did you find the 12 markers of ME and HR? I thought the ME 12 marker was harder than expected but not impossible
Bit confused how ocr were able to combine every single medical ethics topic into one question. Sly foxes
how did the exam go??? :smile:
Original post by ellamoon_22
The exam was amazing Im hoping for an A* I did Christianity human relationships and medical ethics. Then peace and war and responsibility for planet on second paperm Grade boundaries?? Like out of 51

Last year the paper with medical ethics was 41 for and A* and the one with War was 40
Guys does it matter that I didn't leave a line between my answers?!
Original post by sstudyacc
13 days till the exam and I still can't find anything on Religious Studies on here so decided to make my own thread...

What units are you doing for Philosophy and Ethics? Anyone got any tips?

Going to be posting some revision material and PowerPoints this week ☺😊

I just did my B603 and 04 exam today!
Luckily my Divinity teacher is the same one who's made a revision course for our subject!
Only thing it doesn't contain are topics about The Media and Euthanasia stuff. (We arn't revising those topics)
what was the 2 mark question on medical ethics I've forgotten!?
Original post by grace143
Guys does it matter that I didn't leave a line between my answers?!

don't think so none of my year did x
Original post by lillyholmes

Sorry, skipped passed it since we didn't learn that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ducky456
Sorry, skipped passed it since we didn't learn that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

it was the one like 'discuss why Christians don't believe in abortion' somethin like that
Original post by lillyholmes

I think it was: Give two examples of when a [Christian] would say that abortion is NOT acceptable
Original post by grace143
I think it was: Give two examples of when a [Christian] would say that abortion is NOT acceptable

do you know why?:tongue:
Original post by katiegale
do you know why?:tongue:

I wrote if they mother/baby is healthy.

If the family is financially stable.
Original post by 109989
How did you find the 12 markers of ME and HR? I thought the ME 12 marker was harder than expected but not impossible

both 12 marks were great but I prefered ME 12 marker
Original post by sstudyacc
I wrote if they mother/baby is healthy.

If the family is financially stable.

I missed this out as I blanked on the spot but yhh I would have wrtten tht and also if the abortion/pregnancy was due unprotected sex
Original post by MaxTheMonkey
Thanks, I put similar things as well as like looking/analysing the best method in the situation rather than using the Bible's fixed teachings.

Good idea! You seem like a really smart guy
Original post by jazz_xox_
Ah okay thankyou! Yes I'm pretty sure I left a line. My paper was such a mess it would probably be difficult to mark anyway! I did a for+against table for part E questions and then crossed it out, and often squeezed writing on.

Yeah that's ok, the examiner would understand! :smile:
What do you think the grade boundaries will be for E1 and E2?
Original post by lilyflowerxoxo
What do you think the grade boundaries will be for E1 and E2?

Isn't it always 60% C, 70% B, 80% A and 90% A*?

If not, I'll assume it would be quite high

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending