The Student Room Group

struggling with A level retakes?

Hey so I couldnt find any recent threads on this and was wondering if there was anyone out there in the same position as me? I have taken a year out as I didnt get the Alevel grades I needed so am retaking them this summer but seem to have hit a wall study wise. I traveled and came home at the end of feb and have been doing revision since then (2hrs a day or so) and made a lot of progress but I have now lost all motivation!
I dont want this to be a repeat of last year and a waste but im just not improving anymore and am struggling. I cant concentrate for long at all each day and get distracted by everything and anything even my own thoughts and get off track so easily its so hard with no structure like school!! I also dont feel myself at the moment Im so lonely and all my friends are at uni and everyday just drags.
Anyone else struggling with retakes??
Original post by polarbear123
Hey so I couldnt find any recent threads on this and was wondering if there was anyone out there in the same position as me? I have taken a year out as I didnt get the Alevel grades I needed so am retaking them this summer but seem to have hit a wall study wise. I traveled and came home at the end of feb and have been doing revision since then (2hrs a day or so) and made a lot of progress but I have now lost all motivation!
I dont want this to be a repeat of last year and a waste but im just not improving anymore and am struggling. I cant concentrate for long at all each day and get distracted by everything and anything even my own thoughts and get off track so easily its so hard with no structure like school!! I also dont feel myself at the moment Im so lonely and all my friends are at uni and everyday just drags.
Anyone else struggling with retakes??

Well, I'm not struggling with resitting two units, but think about going to uni/into employment after your exams. That should motivate you into revision.

Make yourself revise basically.

Quick Reply

Latest