The Student Room Group

Biology B1 Tomorrow!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucky10
Edexcel?

I'm doing edexcel
Reply 61
Original post by alyxgower
Does the nitrogen cycle come up for aqa? I have never been taught that or seen it in my life...

edexcel i think definitely not aqa
Original post by okey
edexcel i think definitely not aqa

Thank God! I thought I'd miss out some of the spec then!
-For AQA- I don't think GM crops will be the 6 marker as it was auxins last year so probably won't be plant based again. Hopefully the menstrual cycle/contraception will be a big part of it. The worst is when the 6 marker's about peoples results, there's not any knowledge in it, so annoying!
I also think evolution and the reflex arc may be somewhere in it but you never know.
Reply 64
Original post by z_o_e
Can someone help on this please
Posted from TSR Mobile

A poison producing gene from the bacteria is cut out from the dna using enzymes. Also a gene is cut out from a plant cell to make space for the poison producing gene which is put in its place. Now the plant can produce poisons to kill insects which can be passed on.

I think this is correct, have i missed out anything?
Original post by george_c00per
Praying to the lord that food webs come up and are worth like 5 marks, they're so easy :colondollar:

I did a Biology past paper a few days ago and got 98/120, hoping this exam turns out as well as that one did.

I'm on Edexcel and mine starts at 13:45, is mine later than everyone else's?

yeah I Start at 1:30 and for chemistry I start at 9:30 cause I have unit 2 sociology in the afternoon
Original post by _mk
1pm

130pm
Reply 67
Original post by Nihaj
A poison producing gene from the bacteria is cut out from the dna using enzymes. Also a gene is cut out from a plant cell to make space for the poison producing gene which is put in its place. Now the plant can produce poisons to kill insects which can be passed on.

I think this is correct, have i missed out anything?

I wrote this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TSAntidote
yeah I Start at 1:30 and for chemistry I start at 9:30 cause I have unit 2 sociology in the afternoon

Yeah I start at 9:10 for Chemistry on thursday.
what do you mean by gm crops?

like genetic engineering
Original post by Mansi Gadhia
like genetic engineering

Is this Edexcel or AQA? I don't remember going over this in Edexcel
Is this Edexcel or AQA? I don't remember going over this in Edexcel

dont worry then its aqa
Original post by Lucky10
What time is everyone's exam?

1pm
Does anyone think Synapses and Reflexes will come up? I really don't understand that topic😩

Good luck everyone
Reply 74

It is not about the plant being resistant to bacteria. If you read the question carefully it is about the bacteria having a gene that produces a poison that kills insects. Therefore this gene will be cut from the bacteria using enzymes and put into the DNA of the plant cell in the early stages of development. This would then protect the plant as the plant can now produce poison that kills insects. I think you were a little confused with the question and I hope this helps you out.

Here is the mark scheme to get the 4 marks:

Cut gene or DNA for producing the poison from bacteria [1]

using an enzyme. [1]

Transfer gene or DNA to plant or plant cells [1]

at early stage of development or when the the plant is a few cells [1]
Original post by MollieT3
Does anyone think Synapses and Reflexes will come up? I really don't understand that topic😩

Good luck everyone

I got youuuuuuuuuu
easiest video to understand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdwA43Nbydg&list=PLGC_cvP4rXVwn9-oqDMc8wyvNg2Jcktm9&index=2
Original post by Mansi Gadhia
dont worry then its aqa

Thank Lord
Guys I heard that the specification really helps. Would someone be kind enough to help me and send a link to the specification regarding biology.. Thanks and hope you guys did good in your RS and sociology exam today :smile:
Original post by z_o_e
Grade boundaries will be terribly high this year I think!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

depends how people do and how hard the paper is
Reply 79
graph questions will be the hardest apparently

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending