The Student Room Group

Economics AQA Unit 1 resit

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Caius Filimon
Literally no one did Context 2 in the resit?

And just to confirm, I suppose there were two AS level economics paper this year, right?

A resit AS level paper and a different first-time goer AS level paper?

yeah the resit were different to first timers. first timers got the new spec which doesnt include buffer stocks anymore
Original post by ie123
Spare capacity and time are the main two

i wrote time and resources scarcity... is that valid you think?
Original post by sheelo73
yeah the resit were different to first timers. first timers got the new spec which doesnt include buffer stocks anymore

Interesting stuff, tyvm for confirming!
Original post by nayana71
You know for the MPC question where it had the PPF for country X and Y was the answer greater for country X than or Y?

It's B, that question was repeated from another paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the answer to cross price elasticity MCQ?

I think I put high price elasticity demand and negative
Original post by naomi288
What was the answer to cross price elasticity MCQ?

I think I put high price elasticity demand and negative

I put low not sure why though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you please stop mixing the threads!! There's a separate thread for the new spec economics exam, this one is for the old spec and the retakes, thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
no the question on cross price elasticity asked what are goods which are strong sustitutes.answer was high and positive
The question was on the old spec. I couldn't remember whether it asked for substitutes or compliments.
Reply 69
The question was on the old spec. I couldn't remember whether it asked for substitutes or compliments.

im 100% sure it was substitutes
Original post by MMMMM22
im 100% sure it was substitutes

Was the price elasticity high definitely the correct answer? If it was substitutes then I agree it will be positive.
Reply 71
Was the price elasticity high definitely the correct answer? If it was substitutes then I agree it will be positive.

Yeh was Defo high
If it's greater than 1 it means strong substitutes so it's high and positive
Reply 72
My essay was rushed and I'm low key worried it's not gonna push my B up to an A which was the only reason I chose to resit. For context 1 essay:

I defined subsidies, then spoke about leaving it to the market + evaluated that point. Then spoke about the government taxing the non-renewables with a negative externality graph and evaluated that. Then spoke about the government subsidising the renewable industry with a subsidy diagram but no evaluation. (Which really annoyed me I could've tried to quickly write a one-liner but oh well. I would've liked to have spoken about advertising but didn't have the time, my conclusion was average. What level do you guys think this was? 😁😁
Original post by AM98GJ
My essay was rushed and I'm low key worried it's not gonna push my B up to an A which was the only reason I chose to resit. For context 1 essay:

I defined subsidies, then spoke about leaving it to the market + evaluated that point. Then spoke about the government taxing the non-renewables with a negative externality graph and evaluated that. Then spoke about the government subsidising the renewable industry with a subsidy diagram but no evaluation. (Which really annoyed me I could've tried to quickly write a one-liner but oh well. I would've liked to have spoken about advertising but didn't have the time, my conclusion was average. What level do you guys think this was? 😁😁

Without looking at the whole answer it would be impossible to give a level, I am sure it would be fine. You better off concentrating on your A2 modules
Original post by AM98GJ

I also messed up my essay but did context 2. I predict the essay was B grade but i needed an A. Try to pull it up by doing well in A2 now:smile:
Reply 75
Original post by keynes24
Without looking at the whole answer it would be impossible to give a level, I am sure it would be fine. You better off concentrating on your A2 modules

Hi Keynes23 I am in year 13 and i did the ECON1 resit on the 16th May. I have a question that i have hope you can answer. For the 8 marker, usually the structure is that you write for example the highest in 2013 and compare it to highest in 2014 and then for second comparison the lowest in 2013 and compare it to lowest in 2014. What i was wondering is in the exam in the first context, it asked you to do this between 2013 and 2014 use of energy. However in my answer, i accidentally didn't do this and i wrote in 2013 this was highest % and this was lowest % and then i said in 2014 this was highest % and this was lowest %. All the statistics and date i gave was accurate. However i was wondering what an examiner will give my answer when they mark it out of 8 since all my figures right but not in normal order as i have been stressing out about this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending