The Student Room Group

How do I sort my life out?

Scroll to see replies

No I did my drunken moan last night
Besides i only turned 20 yesterday, so early 20s is a little misleading
i also can't afford netflix :cry2:
Original post by Little Popcorns
The way you've replied I was going to say are you OP but you aren't working atm and you definitely don't just watch netflix and eat ****.

I have been binge watching Louis Theroux documentaries on Netflix whilst drinking beer :proud:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I really enjoyed it and then one morning my foot got stuck in the pavement and I fell really hard on my face, almost broke my nose...I don't know why but I never went back. Soon after, my granddads sister (who lived on that same road) passed away and I just never felt like going back...I ended up stopping all together. I think my happiness levels where at their highest back then, I was very productive, got enough sleep and was at my fittest. Now I feel like a cold, miserable old lady with aches and pains who thinks the world is just a very cold place (I'm 18 :redface:).

Aw hun :frown: I totally know the feeling I was all singing all dancing then everything seemed to fall apart in my life all at once and I didn't have the physical or mental strength to even get out of bed let alone exercise. But you can get better! Make being happy and not letting stress get to you a priority and then once you feel a bit better emotionally you'll be in a better place to start up with your hobbies again (exercise) - could start out with something a little less intensive running can be pretty tough at times.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I have been binge watching Louis Theroux documentaries on Netflix whilst drinking beer :proud:

you're not OP though because you don't have a job beb
Original post by Zargabaath
No I did my drunken moan last night
Besides i only turned 20 yesterday, so early 20s is a little misleading

Spoiler

Oh, my bad, apologies

I was not implying that your life needed sorting out or anything of course, I hope you didn't take it that way.

Spoiler

It's fine don't worry :tongue:
I've made similar late night threads in the past as well :lol:

that is really kind of you, but i don't watch that many shows and stuff so it would be a bit wasted on me, thanks for the offer though :hugs:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
When I was revising I would go on my bike for an hour straight away after I got up. Then spend rest of the day revising. When you are revising and have no lessons etc to go to you actually have a lot of time. Making some time for exercise is not going to harm your exam chances. It would probably help it. You can't be switched on 24/7 and it gets to the point where it becomes counter productive.

I know, I just can't seem to find the energy. I just feel a bit too stressed at the moment. :frown:
Original post by Zargabaath
It's fine don't worry :tongue:
I've made similar late night threads in the past as well :lol:

Spoiler

I hope you're okay :console:

Spoiler

Aw hun :frown: I totally know the feeling I was all singing all dancing then everything seemed to fall apart in my life all at once and I didn't have the physical or mental strength to even get out of bed let alone exercise. But you can get better! Make being happy and not letting stress get to you a priority and then once you feel a bit better emotionally you'll be in a better place to start up with your hobbies again (exercise) - could start out with something a little less intensive running can be pretty tough at times.

:frown: I know how that feels too. Yes, I agree but it's finding the energy to do it that is hard. I stopped going out with friends and everything because it just became too difficult. Although, I went for a 40 min walk the other day and it was nice (even though I came home and took a nap, I also think I'm really low in Iron tbh...).
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in my early twenties and frankly sometimes I feel pathetic. I know what I want to do to improve myself; start working out, learn Spanish, start reading and writing more, learn to drive and other things. But everyday I just wake up (far too late usually), go to work, come home and watch Netflix and eat **** food. I don't know how to break the cycle and become the person I want to be. Any advice?

Maybe you need to just accept this is how you are? I know I have had to accept I am a lazy person. :biggrin:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
:frown: I know how that feels too. Yes, I agree but it's finding the energy to do it that is hard. I stopped going out with friends and everything because it just became too difficult. Although, I went for a 40 min walk the other day and it was nice (even though I came home and took a nap, I also think I'm really low in Iron tbh...).
That's good going for a walk is a start :h: . Maybe get your doctor to run a blood test to check your iron and in the meantime take a multivitamin :smile:
Original post by Clockrice
Maybe you need to just accept this is how you are? I know I have had to accept I am a lazy person. :biggrin:

Oh I know full well that 'm a lazy prick, but I want to be better.
I've PMd you to avoid derailing this thread anymore :biggrin:

Go for a walk and listen to a podcast :smile:

@TheonlyMrsHolmes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending